News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 Big Block Smog Equipment

Started by BGlover67, March 06, 2018, 01:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

A friend just asked me whether or not any of the smog equipment off a 1967 S code 390 would be compatible with a 1967 GT500?
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Bob Gaines

Quote from: BGlover67 on March 06, 2018, 01:15:55 PM
A friend just asked me whether or not any of the smog equipment off a 1967 S code 390 would be compatible with a 1967 GT500?
The short answer is yes. A lot of different parts and variation within the same year so it is hard to say which can and which can't be used without seeing  what parts you are comparing to or asking if would interchange.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

BGlover67

Here are some pics he sent me:

https://imageshack.com/a/wuLl/1

It's available if anyone is interested.  I'll put you both in touch.

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

J_Speegle

Quote from: Bob Gaines on March 06, 2018, 01:40:35 PM
The short answer is yes. A lot of different parts and variation within the same year so it is hard to say which can and which can't be used without seeing  what parts you are comparing to or asking if would interchange.

+1

Depends on when the donor car was built and when your car was built. Pictures of the donor stuff does help "place" it in time

Things like some of the hoses, the pump mount bracket will be the same through the year. The backfire/gulp valve is a replacement and no the one for your system. Pump can be altered to work with your system in one of two ways. The tubes can be modified like originals. 

A couple of the parts aren't Thermactor related
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge