News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1966 GT350 / Carryover Value Circa 1996

Started by Shelby_r_b, March 16, 2020, 11:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelby_r_b

Nothing beats a classic!

NC TRACKRAT

In light of those Snakebite Bulletin ads, does anyone have a time machine I can borrow for a day or so? ;)
5S071, 6S1467

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: NC TRACKRAT on March 16, 2020, 04:46:46 PM
In light of those Snakebite Bulletin ads, does anyone have a time machine I can borrow for a day or so? ;)

Truly!  I still have some old Snakebites from the late 90s / early 2000s.  It's just amazing to see the change in prices, and even stranger to see cars listed that you know about currently.
Nothing beats a classic!

Hockeylife

As I rummaged thru old Snakebite ads I was struck by 2 things:
"Leftover" vs "Carryover"
The large number of Shelby cars listed by Shelby owners/enthusiasts in a enthusiast publication to fellow enthusiasts. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: Hockeylife on March 16, 2020, 04:58:15 PM
As I rummaged thru old Snakebite ads I was struck by 2 things:
"Leftover" vs "Carryover"
The large number of Shelby cars listed by Shelby owners/enthusiasts in a enthusiast publication to fellow enthusiasts. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

True on both counts. 

It's interesting, I've talked to a lot of Carryover Owners in the past two months.  One person (which I didn't challenge) was absolutely convinced that the Carryovers were fully built 65 Shelbys that later got converted to 66 GT350s.  This person is a very long-term owner, and probably hasn't followed the latest updates / findings. 

I've heard / read of people who were convinced that the aforementioned theory was in fact true.  Of course, there are now many data points to dispute this - Chuck Cantwell being one of them.
Nothing beats a classic!

mark p

As usual, informative and factual responses from the group  8)

I may have been born a cynic... or just had that develop over the last "x" number of years  ???

But, what is the "purpose" of the 1996 prices... for "the man" to look at capitol gain vs the sale price? Seems like those numbers would only - actually? - show part of the equation?
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Rubs me the wrong way that they are confiscating capital gains on a personal property item.

A personal property item that collected sales and property tax (for decades) for the government and was not depreciated.

Note that when you buy a new vehicle and lose 50% of it's value in 2-3 years, you don't get to "write that off".   >:(

s2ms

I knew there was a reason I saved all those Snakebite Bulletins...
Dave - 6S1757