News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Loose connections under dash. What are they?

Started by Dalton, March 06, 2020, 05:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalton

Does anybody know what these connections are for?

There are 4 unplugged connections that are behind and to the left of the radio. Everything seems to work okay except for my clock, which has never worked since I bought the car.

The Going Thing

I recognize some of those as the wiring for accessory lighting/automatic shifter indicator light leads. If you have the service manual or an Osborne manual you should be able to trace them by color coding relatively easy.

Coralsnake

The blue connector with the dual wires is for the console power supply, which you are not using

The red connector is only used on auto trans cars.

where does the light blue wire originate?

Can you tell where the black male bullet originates?

Coralsnake

Dalton

Quote from: Coralsnake on March 06, 2020, 06:51:02 PM
Sorry I missed this was a 1967

Yes, 67. I think the black is a ground. I'll have to look again.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: The Going Thing on March 06, 2020, 05:38:34 PM
I recognize some of those as the wiring for accessory lighting/automatic shifter indicator light leads. If you have the service manual or an Osborne manual you should be able to trace them by color coding relatively easy.
+1 .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

The Going Thing

The black single wire with the bullet connector looks like the wire that is a ground for the blower motor on A/C cars.