Author Topic: 1969 gt350 valve cover gaskets  (Read 1747 times)

musclecarman15

• View Profile
1969 gt350 valve cover gaskets
« on: February 20, 2020, 05:43:41 PM »
Does anyone know what brand valve cover cork gaskets line up with valve cover tab cutouts. Thanks keith

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: 1969 gt350 valve cover gaskets
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 06:36:28 PM »
Does anyone know what brand valve cover cork gaskets line up with valve cover tab cutouts. Thanks keith
What most have been doing for decades is if you can't find ones with tabs that lines up with all of cutouts is to use a donor gasket to cut tabs off of to glue on the ones used for valve covers or make extra tabs out of donor gasket remnants .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

musclecarman15

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 08:09:15 PM »
Bob,the tabs on regular steel valve covers line up but on the cast cobra valve covers all line up except the 2 on the outside...with the felpro cork gaskets,I haven't found one that lines up with the cobra valve covers...is it possible I need to look at 289 gaskets? Thank you keith

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 09:21:06 PM »
Bob,the tabs on regular steel valve covers line up but on the cast cobra valve covers all line up except the 2 on the outside...with the felpro cork gaskets,I haven't found one that lines up with the cobra valve covers...is it possible I need to look at 289 gaskets? Thank you keith
Hopefully someone will speak up with a gasket still available that has all of the tabs located where they need to be. Like I said myself and others have been doing what is needed to get the job done for more then a few decades now . I never gave it a second thought and made the gaskets look the part from what you can see given that is the most important aspect.     
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 09:24:00 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 09:14:33 PM »
........... Like I said myself and others have been doing what is needed to get the job done for more then a few decades now . I never gave it a second thought and made the gaskets look the part from what you can see given that is the most important aspect.   

+1
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 04:21:15 AM »
Hopefully someone will speak up with a gasket still available that has all of the tabs located where they need to be. Like I said myself and others have been doing what is needed to get the job done for more then a few decades now . I never gave it a second thought and made the gaskets look the part from what you can see given that is the most important aspect.   
After I gave Keith the OP a lead provided to me by another forum member he let me know that he had just received a set of cork gasket ordered from NPD and ALL the tabs are there and line up perfectly.

musclecarman15

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 10:27:57 AM »
bob,just wanted to say thank you for your due diligence...i always appreciate the extra efforts people on this forum help each other....keith