News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Correct sealed beam glass design?

Started by Rukiddin, December 18, 2019, 05:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rukiddin

[img][/img

What is correct design of glass "flutes" for 68 ?

KR500

The original bulbs on 68 Shelby's were a Tungsol brand. They are molded with a ts in a circle ( Tungsol ) at the bottom of the lens with the the Ford script etched in the center of the lens.
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

Special Ed

d2zz  service headlights are narrow fluting bulbs and totally different design than original 60s era wide fluting bulbs and hard to find. I got around 500 original headlights I collected over the years of different brands and sizes. Problem with these original bulbs is getting them to work again after sitting around a long time and even thou they are hard to find its much harder to find some that work yet. I just finished a car and went thru 7 bulbs before getting 2 that worked and even thou they work when first plugged in after a few seconds they start to smoke inside the lens and cloud up the lens.

Coralsnake

Certainly the Tong Sol was the most common on 19)8s, but I brlieve GE bulbs were also used

Rukiddin

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Rukiddin on December 19, 2019, 11:07:42 AM
http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=4172
More better?

That is a Westinghouse bulb with the molded in glass trademark. I have not seen that style on any year Shelby.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Rukiddin

Thanks to all that responded! After installing the one with smaller fluting I began looking through my "stuff" to find a more suitable part. Gonna have to do until I find something better. Thanks!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Rukiddin on December 19, 2019, 12:51:01 PM
Thanks to all that responded! After installing the one with smaller fluting I began looking through my "stuff" to find a more suitable part. Gonna have to do until I find something better. Thanks!
Try to find ether a wide flute TS or even GE marked bulb with the FOMOCO in the oval etched into the glass.That is if you want it to look like the assemblyline .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

TLea

Quote from: Coralsnake on December 19, 2019, 10:29:51 AM
Certainly the Tong Sol was the most common on 19)8s, but I brlieve GE bulbs were also used
definitely   mostly TS but seen several GE