News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Help with decoding vin for 68 Shelby GT350H

Started by ukvinny, November 22, 2019, 09:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

Im sure the person altering a Marti report would have no scrupples making a title

Doug there are no problems or issues with Ford records or numbers. Someone altered the report after the fact, to create a false report for 1113.

If you think you are going to buy a 1968 Shelby for $35k , you need a lot of help and are ripe for a scammer

The Registrar has all the numbers, so do others

ukvinny

Quote from: Coralsnake on November 23, 2019, 07:42:14 AM
You're questioning a scammers honesty?

Barnfinds is a copy site, they copy information from other sources

Just wondering how they fake these things.

Okay, I didn't know about the Barn Finds site being a copied articles site. Useful.

Thanks for all your input.

Coralsnake

Very easy with a computer. Tags can be recreated too.

Its a 70k car. Millions of people see every car ad on the interweb and its going to sell for 50 cents on the dollar? Defies logic

shelbydoug

Quote from: Coralsnake on November 23, 2019, 07:46:26 AM
Im sure the person altering a Marti report would have no scrupples making a title

Doug there are no problems or issues with Ford records or numbers. Someone altered the report after the fact, to create a false report for 1113.

If you think you are going to buy a 1968 Shelby for $35k , you need a lot of help and are ripe for a scammer

The Registrar has all the numbers, so do others

That is likely the answer but it's not a scientific answer. Present the reports to Marti and let him reply that.

If you eliminate the selling price from the equation, there is too much coincidence in the documentation.

A caution flag should be issued on it (and probably will) and all advised to check with the appropriate Registrar before laying out any cash. That was the intent of a Registry to begin with.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

JohnB

Quote from: Coralsnake on November 23, 2019, 05:37:02 AM
The tags and paperwork for 1131 look correct to me.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1968-shelby-mustang-gt350-2/

The second Marti report in this thread belongs to this car. It appears someone has altered it to become a false report for 1113.

Look at the Marti again. Looks a little different than usual!

pmustang

Fairly recently I was very nearly scammed. Only a phone call to confirm a few things and a very strong Russian accent and no knowledge of the car put me off

Yes, it was 10k below market (strangely when I found the original auction is sold on, it sold for very nearly exactly 10k more than the ask was on the one I was viewing)

Fake advert had an incredible description (take from previous) all questions answered very quickly, When asked for a title, local household bill and an ID I got all three rather quickly (few hours) and each one jived with where the car supposedly was (Colorado springs) with the household bill being from the Colorado springs local water company. It was unreal. Incredible detail to that scam

My radar was up as the car was a bit too cheap but not so cheap it was impossible.