News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Help with decoding vin for 68 Shelby GT350H

Started by ukvinny, November 22, 2019, 09:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukvinny

First post, so please excuse any newbie errors.
I am having trouble locating details for the following :
8T02J149322-01113.
I have tried Mustang decoders etc.
Could this car be in the 68 GT 350H registry?
Be very grateful for any assistance.
Thanks in anticipation.

Coralsnake

I think you have the VIN incorrect and the car was originally white, but this should answer your questions:

ukvinny

Hi,
Thank you for responding.
I have attached a copy of the Marti Report I was sent.

shelbydoug

When I was 68 Registrar, there were three sets of cars that had the same Shelby unit numbers. I don't remember which ones.
This may be one of them? It made me wonder if there were more? It looked like Smith was the one that miss numbered them?
Incidentally. I have -01107
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

Looks like a great question for K Marti

I think I have a picture of the VIN tag in my files....

I must say this is very interesting. I have the engine from  #1114

ukvinny

Hmm this should prove interesting.

I wonder if a through inspection of the car itself would settle this? The hidden Ford no's May settle this. Finding a "lost" Shelby is always going to be difficult to check out.

Wonder if a SAAC registar would be able to do an inspection or recommend someone who can undertake an inspection.

Coralsnake, you have a photo of the VIN tag for which car, the one Shelbydoug is mentioning or the one in question?

Would the current registar be able to pull the documents for the three sets of cars that had the same Shelby Unit no's?

Car is in Massachusetts. "Seller has good title"

Thank you for your input Shelbydoug and Coralsnake.

Coralsnake

After a brief discussion with the Registrar, the copy I posted is correct. Sorry, no duplicates exist.

The second copy is a forgery.

I will post more pictures tomorrow of 1113 tag.

Coralsnake

The tags and paperwork for 1131 look correct to me.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1968-shelby-mustang-gt350-2/

The second Marti report in this thread belongs to this car. It appears someone has altered it to become a false report for 1113.

Coralsnake

The uk ebay ad was likely a scam, that might explain why the seller created a false report

The barn finds article is fine. That car is 1131.

Corey Bowcutt

This is a very good example of what makes this forum so valuable.  The help you get from the experts on this site is unbelievable!

ukvinny

Quote from: Coralsnake on November 23, 2019, 07:07:26 AM
The uk ebay ad was likely a scam, that might explain why the seller created a false report

The barn finds article is fine. That car is 1131.

Pity the Barn Finds people linked the scam eBay advert in their article.

The Seller of the "cloned" car says he has good title. How?

Coralsnake

You're questioning a scammers honesty?

Barnfinds is a copy site, they copy information from other sources

ukvinny

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on November 23, 2019, 07:37:41 AM
This is a very good example of what makes this forum so valuable.  The help you get from the experts on this site is unbelievable!

Always go to the experts! Saved someone close on $35,000.00!

How do the scammers get away with trying this?

shelbydoug

Quote from: ukvinny on November 23, 2019, 03:19:57 AM
Hmm this should prove interesting.

I wonder if a through inspection of the car itself would settle this? The hidden Ford no's May settle this. Finding a "lost" Shelby is always going to be difficult to check out.

Wonder if a SAAC registar would be able to do an inspection or recommend someone who can undertake an inspection.

Coralsnake, you have a photo of the VIN tag for which car, the one Shelbydoug is mentioning or the one in question?

Would the current registar be able to pull the documents for the three sets of cars that had the same Shelby Unit no's?

Car is in Massachusetts. "Seller has good title"

Thank you for your input Shelbydoug and Coralsnake.

You have to ask Vincent that. It would appear at this point that the Marti Report, which are generated from the original Ford records contain the errors as well? Only Kevin Marti has access to those records.

On a '68, the Ford serial number is the Shelby ID. The Shelby consecutive serial number is just an add on. I don't know how this all effects the total number produced or if there are missing Shelby consecutive numbers missing/skipped by Smith to make the total work out?

It is somewhat of a mess if not an enigma? It may be something that the 68 Registrar cannot answer? It might only be answerable by a total printout by Marti of the entire '68 Shelby production records to identify the double numbered cars and/or the skipped numbers?

Frankly, I think you should start with Marti. The 68 Registrar likely knows only what was submitted to him unless he was able to have obtained an entire 68 production print out from Marti himself?

Marti will need to verify if both of those reports are legitimate anyway.

68 GT350 Lives Matter!