The Official SAAC Forum
December 17, 2017, 10:52:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A bit of history I came across  (Read 3915 times)
Racing Division, Inc

Email
« on: March 01, 2010, 10:31:50 PM »

We'll actually i nicked it off of the building just as they were putting up the fence and the for sale sign on the building...

* 1042.jpg (44.71 KB, 595x401 - viewed 199 times.)
66shelby
ExCarryover Owner &

DRIVEN...The way Carroll Shelby intended.

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 04:53:45 AM »

Nice score. Chug a Lug

Its better to be a racer for a minute, than a spectator for a lifetime.
markko67

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 05:36:10 AM »

Dunno if that's the same sign as when Shelby was there. Might be a "continuation" sign.  Wink

Two people can always keep a secret so long as one of them is dead. - Benjamin Franklin
Racing Division, Inc

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 07:03:38 AM »

Yes, it is I'm all the old photos, will post later. Plus it shows a good 40+ years of wear and erosion.

Racing Division, Inc

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 12:58:55 PM »

I found a couple of images that show the address plaque in the same place that i removed it from.

* 1042.jpg (50.88 KB, 800x822 - viewed 294 times.)

* 1042-detail.jpg (12.63 KB, 364x262 - viewed 250 times.)
1ntCobra

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 01:16:33 PM »

I was saving up my pennies to buy the building as the ultimate collectible, but now that it's been vandalized, I've changed my mind.  This is as bad as getting a CSX2000 or CSX3000 with the serial number plate removed.  It's only original once.  Now the building has to be restored.

Wink  Roll Eyes

Racing Division, Inc

Email
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 02:23:43 PM »

I'm thinking about going into production making replicas of the number plate. Do I need a license for that? Wink

Cobra Ned
SAAC Registrar

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 06:29:44 PM »

No, but you will have to go to that other forum.   Tongue

Don Johnston

Email
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 07:33:50 PM »

Keep an eye on the building in case the new owner wants to take it down.  Those bricks could have value like the pieces of Riverside Raceway available at Fontana SAAC Convention.  Some of use may want sections with the oil stains on the floor too!

Cool

vernonestes

Email
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 09:03:36 PM »

This has always been something ive wondered about, has anyone ever stepped up to try an buy the building? at one point someone told me it was being torn down, but that never happened.  Seems like someone with money would want the ultimate museum/collection location.

Best,
Vern

markko67

Email
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 09:10:00 PM »

I'm thinking about going into production making replicas of the number plate.

If you do, don't put the word "unique" ANYWHERE in the company name!!

Two people can always keep a secret so long as one of them is dead. - Benjamin Franklin
Racing Division, Inc

Email
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 10:47:43 PM »

This has always been something ive wondered about, has anyone ever stepped up to try an buy the building? at one point someone told me it was being torn down, but that never happened.  Seems like someone with money would want the ultimate museum/collection location.

Best,
Vern

Vern this one is not being torn down, at least not yet. It is for sale for 6 million. The building that was torn down and that have many of the bricks from is the finance building on Carter St, which was "350" feet away from the Princeton Ave building. Thus the GT350 namesake. I was there just before and right after it was demolished, I got several cars there for a photo shoot, it was the alley where many of the production shots where taken. Inside was the original metal door that separated the two sides of the building, i tried to get the door but got run off by the security firm guarding it prior to demo. I'll look for the photos i shot at the time.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 10:50:44 PM by Racing Division, Inc » Logged
Racing Division, Inc

Email
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 07:54:12 AM »

To be honest I think the city should designate it as a historical site, the only problem is that the only people who even know the story is ok this forum.

GT200 Pinto

AMERICA No apology necessary

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 02:05:19 PM »

To be honest I think the city should designate it as a historical site, the only problem is that the only people who even know the story is ok this forum.

Problem is it's car history and even worse that evil racing history nevermind the fact that the only US World Championship came out of that little company albet with BIG Ford dollars. Being in CA I'm surprised the greenines haven't torn it down and had the lot exorcised.

Racing Division, Inc

Email
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2010, 11:36:04 AM »

The carter at building was razed for over-priced condos.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!