Author Topic: Thanks to all who make the forum  (Read 8945 times)

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks to all who make the forum
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2019, 03:20:29 PM »
Also important to note that history isn’t static(and never has been)..New ,more accurate information about these cars,build techniques,etc.is uncovered all the time and IMHO this forum  is a key resource for disseminating this information quickly,which,personally has been very important in determining what is “right”for my car.. Any dilution of said resource quite frankly blows......  :o

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2019, 04:22:17 PM »
   Why not band together and come up with a solution for the problems that cause members to leave? Complaining is EASY , trolls do it all the time.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

vtgt500

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2019, 07:18:04 PM »
I am an airline pilot for the largest airline in the world. I'm not lazy and I don't pay people to do what I am perfectly capable of.
 You turned the issue into class warfare. Into the haves and have nots.  Perhaps you have expanded on what the real issue is.
I was also a military officer. I don't have time for snotty people who think their crap doesn't stink because they have a "dust collector" on the mantle. 
-Keith

Wow, aren't you self important.
Just like the snobs I meet at SAAC events in Rockland, Maine, Watkins Glen and Lime Rock.  Time for the forum to take a flush.

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2019, 07:52:08 PM »
   We ARE being heard and things WILL change  , I am confident of that . Our complaint person is not named Helen Waite so they DON'T "go to hell and wait".
 Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Forum Guide

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2019, 08:03:31 PM »
Let's keep this discussion constructive and civil... de-personalize it.

All comments, peeves, criticism and suggestions are always welcome at pitcrew@saac.com

Thanks

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2019, 08:19:27 PM »
   We ARE being heard and things WILL change  , I am confident of that . Our complaint person is not named Helen Waite so they DON'T "go to hell and wait".
 Randy

LOL

We really need to get the rotflmoa emoticon back.
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2019, 08:51:04 PM »
Here is the full quote, not just a piece of it, and I like it!

"On the contrary. These forums serve little place without those who are actively restoring vehicles. Trailer queens are the fringe of this hobby, yet are treated mainstream.
I am an airline pilot for the largest airline in the world. I'm not lazy and I don't pay people to do what I am perfectly capable of.
 You turned the issue into class warfare. Into the haves and have nots.  Perhaps you have expanded on what the real issue is.
I was also a military officer. I don't have time for snotty people who think their crap doesn't stink because they have a "dust collector" on the mantle. 
The collective is about enjoying them. Of course some ass here started on those that weren't official members of the SAAC and promoted denying access to the forum without membership. The behavior here of the last three or so years is explicitly the reason I am not currently an "official" paying member.
  Some only help those who they feel can do something to benefit them in return. I have sent parts at no cost to some members of spares I had here and  to those on the Concours forum. The individual who just left who I sent a message to because I was having rear fold down fitment issues told me to seek information from other forum members. He wasn't particularly polite about it.
Brian actually took my call and got measurements for me to figure out the issue. I would do the same if it helped someone. 
The "brotherhood and camaraderie" doesn't exist anymore but between a few old timers who found a way to make a living off of the vehicles.

Perhaps there are a few too many snowflakes that melt at any discussion that doesn't fit in their box and any discourse what so ever offends them.
 Tragic."
RARE  Signature Delete

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2019, 09:20:33 PM »
I have chosen to end this public discussion.

I feel the point has been made and the forum administration has responded.

Thank you to all who supported my position.

If you feel like I do, you now have options.

http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=6763.msg57236;topicseen#msg57236

Lets get back to the cars

-Pete
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 09:30:07 PM by Coralsnake »