News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

GoodGuys Show, Spring 2019 Raleigh

Started by BGlover67, April 29, 2019, 02:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

I just got back from attending the GoodGuys Show here in Raleigh.  Over 3,000 cars on display, and boy was it congested.  45mins to park and forget about the price.  They charged me $22 for my 15 year old son!  No wonder we have a problem with passing on interest in collector cars, no one can afford to bring all their kids to these events.  Last year was even worse, I showed car 26 and between all the mandatory joining in order to participate, it cost me over $145!

Considering the huge turnout, it was very light on Cars of the blue oval persuasion. Last year, my car was the only Shelby in attendance.  This year a beautiful 1969 GT500 ragtop was the lone Shelby.  It hailed from Virginia.  There was a Boss 9 and a nice Pantera, but the picking was slim.  Does every body else experience the same at their local GoodGuys show?
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

CSX 4133

Personally I haven't been to a Good Guys show, but I think you touched on the issue with attendance. The price of admission and entry fees are high and I think a lot of people shy away from higher cost venues.

Conversely there was a huge Ford show in Pigeon Forge TN that claimed to have a thousand plus Ford products, including classics & vintage. If I recall correctly ( since I didn't get to go) admission was $8 per adult, $5 per child.

gjz30075

Stephen, do you remember the name of the Pigeon Forge event?    I'm hoping it's an annual thing.
Greg Z
6S2249

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

CSX 4133

Best I recall it was a Ponies in the Smokies event, or something similar.  The 2020 event is already being advertised online.

https://poniesinthesmokies.com

gjz30075

Greg Z
6S2249

SCJSTU

Good Guys events are mainly for the custom car market and for that one of the best. A stock car of any brand is really out of place
1969 Shelby GT350 convertible 4 speed/ AC
Built Jan 1969 Red/Black

1967 S-Code 4 spd Black/Parchment
2004 Mustang Mach 1
1956 Ford F-100 Big Window 392 Hemi
1957 F-100 Fridge
1963 Falcon Ranchero
1961 Econoline PU
1961 Falcon 2 dr wagon
1970 Challenger R/T vert 4 speed
1970 Chevy Blazer 2WD