News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

SOLD! Original 1966 GT350 Outside Mirror?

Started by Johnkn, April 29, 2019, 12:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnkn

For sale, I picked this up 20 years ago for my GT350, it has been sitting in a box on a shelf since.  I don't know its origins, you likely know more about this than I do.  Marked "DS 10021"   very good condition, not perfect.  $75 shipped CONUS.   Direct email is jknott@erols.com    thank you

kingchief

Can you see the dates on the glass???

Steve
SFM 6S406

gt350hr

The "ground" surface shown in the last picture is different than an original "assembly line" mirror. "My" opinion is repeop. Still a fair value.

Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

GT350AUS

Quote from: gt350hr on April 29, 2019, 12:49:55 PM
The "ground" surface shown in the last picture is different than an original "assembly line" mirror. "My" opinion is repeop. Still a fair value.

Is there a picture of an original  ground surface that can be posted for comparison purposes

Johnkn

I think I can barely make out some markings on the outside of the glass with a magnifying glass, almost looks like XV- P but its super hard to tell. Not sure if that helps..   thanks

still looking, perhaps 9-XV-C      or J AX 4 upside down   IDK

are the bottom of the letters toward the outside edge of the glass ?

kingchief

"Is there a picture of an original  ground surface that can be posted for comparison purposes"

Here is a picture of an original!

Steve
SFM 6S406

gt350hr

I'll pull the original one off of 477 when I get a chance and try to post a picture.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Johnkn

The bottom of the mirror I'm selling looks like the picture above, the base machining even goes to the center of the front mounting hole as shown above. 

jk66gt350

6s2020

The original mirror on 6S2020 has J-AX-4 etched in mirror glass.

Machined base same as others pictured.

Johnkn

Great, thank you...

I'm shown as a newbie probably because I've seldom posted since the site crashed.  Guessing the clock restarted  ;^)

SOLD to Greg.....

jk66gt350

Based on my experience earlier today, I would suggest caution if dealing with this member / seller. 

Johnkn

Quote from: jk66gt350 on April 29, 2019, 08:44:38 PM
Based on my experience earlier today, I would suggest caution if dealing with this member / seller.

John Kutcy, You're kidding me,  right?    jerk. 

First you ask me to ship to Canada at the same price as CONUS (based on the address you provided it was ~$30 more and I declined.   I left home and drove to a business meeting 1.5 hours way.   Returned home later this evening to see you had countered AFTER the item was sold.  Then in your email you attempt to extort me suggesting you are willing to take a chance on a newbie "others may not"  Here was my email response (in red)  to that:

I had to run to another meeting, just returned home.  It has now sold locally.

"I'm willing to take a chance on you as a new member.  Others may not."   Son, that's funny..... I suspect the site shows me as a 'newbie' as this is one of my few posts since their crash a while back.  I'm 64, purchased my first GT500 and joined the SAAC in 1978 and have owned and own a number of Shelbys, BOSS cars, Panteras, 428CJ cars, Vipers,  etc, etc since. 

All over a $75 item that I've been nothing but 1000% honest and transparent on. 

Randy knows of me, we corresponded some years ago when I purchased "Whitey" a 68.5 CJ car from a friend of his in San Diego (unnamed here) that Randy built the motor on.  I did that $75k deal on a phone call and handshake. Earlier this year I sold a Shelby to a person 3000 miles away who I've never met but have emailed over the last 19 years.   He sent me a check for $180k then had the car picked up.   

jk66gt350

Sorry you feel that way John Knott.  I never asked you to sell to me at the same price - I specifically said I would pay extra over what it would cost you to ship to US.  You declined my offer and seemed uninterested in making a deal.  Your lack of response after my second note offering whatever you needed to make you whole followed by you saying it was then sold to someone else left me feeling like you were jerking me around.  Just calling it the way I saw it. 

Johnkn

As you stated below, I declined your original offer.

You're pissed off because you were late to the game on a $75 item and someone else purchased it?     ;D

My lack of response?  I responded to your 2nd offer when I returned home from work.   My apologies if my work commitments don't align with your expectations.

Really? over a $75 item that I was 100% transparent on?  The price of a good lunch and you attempt to throw me under the bus because you are butthurt? 

The funny thing, I almost just threw the mirror in the trash when I initially opened the box because the thought of dealing with people like you simply isn't worth the very few $