News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

DSO 89 1968 S Code Mustang Questions

Started by mtdubvee, April 16, 2019, 09:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtdubvee

Hi guys. I recently picked up a Raven Black with Black deluxe interior 68 S code GT 4 Speed Mustang. The car is optioned quite nicely, but I had a question about the seats. The car came with headrest deluxe seats, but I was wondering if this seat pattern was normal for a 68 with deluxe interior/headrest seats.

I know a lot of these DSO 89 car were for Ford Execs etc, so I wasnt sure if this was a standard seat or maybe something special.

Thanks and any info is appreciated. Pic below.
SFM 5S123

SFM 5S269

1967 GT350 #41 Raven Black 4 Speed

Krelboyne

1969 headrest is what you have, seat upholstery does not look factory anything.
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

Coralsnake

I  wouldnt start with something special, but something different

Agree its not a 1968 seat

mtdubvee

Well seeing that it was a DSO 89 car, I wasnt sure if the car might have been special ordered with different seats. Ive seen it happen before so I was curious.
SFM 5S123

SFM 5S269

mtdubvee

Think I've nailed them down to 69 deluxe comfort weave seats. Thanks
SFM 5S123

SFM 5S269

thefordshow

1968 mustang seat with headrest have two round legs that go into the seat top. Headrests are molded vinyl like dash pad material.  Not very common.

J_Speegle

Quote from: mtdubvee on April 16, 2019, 11:15:43 AM
Well seeing that it was a DSO 89 car, I wasnt sure if the car might have been special ordered with different seats. Ive seen it happen before so I was curious.

If it had then you would not have a DSO with only "89"

Always a smart move to order a Marti Report if you haven't already ;)  And check for a buildsheet
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

mtdubvee

I have a Marti and always check for Build sheets. From what the original owner told me,
These seats were in it when he bought it new to him. I think whoever had this car
From ford swapped these seats into the car because I'm sure it would have been Even easy for them to do.
SFM 5S123

SFM 5S269

corbins

Wow ... more seat issues... glad you got your's resolved !

mtdubvee

SFM 5S123

SFM 5S269