The Official SAAC Forum
September 14, 2014, 09:00:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1965 shelby mustang heater delete set up  (Read 3800 times)
DR

Anyone can buy it...Few Can build it!!

« on: August 21, 2009, 12:25:22 PM »

I am looking for a heater delete set up for my 65. these were on the gt350R's I understand and also used ao all the mexican made mustangs as well. I seen one on ebay not long ago but didnt thing fast enought o bid on it..

130 miles from Laguna Seca Raceway
190 miles from Sonoma Raceway
205 miles to Fontana Raceway

My low post count means I use my brain first and my mouth second!
Racing Division, Inc

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 05:32:00 PM »

And mustangs sent to Hawii.

Craig Conley, Paradise Wheels in San Marcus CA has a few.

Don Johnston

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 01:31:29 AM »

Mustangs sent here Hawaii in 1965 and Puerto Rico had heater delete as standard issue with a $50 credit on the MSRP.  Over the last 30 years, most of the delete kits have been ravaged for resale here in Hawaii by our club members, so asking might be futile.  In addition, many scavengers did not remove all the significant parts under the dash and off the firewall.  If I hear of any here for sale, I will PM you.

DR

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 11:26:01 AM »

thank you so much

DR

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 10:45:07 AM »

I looked there and he doesnt have any. Does anyone know of another source?

6s1802

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 06:15:24 PM »

The biggest problem you will have is finding the original firewall insulation plug that took the place of the heater motor. The fresh air vent is right side only with the door hinged on the right side of the vent, and there are two black pieces of cardboard type material that cover the holes in the dash under the speaker grill where the defroster ducts came thru. Early Falcons share many of the same delete parts. The dash control and firewall plate are reproduced. The plugs that seal the heater hose holes push thru from inside the car. On the engine ford simply capped the water pump and intake connection with a plug and a hose clamp. You are better off installing pipe plugs.

Bob Gaines

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 08:13:53 PM »

The biggest problem you will have is finding the original firewall insulation plug that took the place of the heater motor. The fresh air vent is right side only with the door hinged on the right side of the vent, and there are two black pieces of cardboard type material that cover the holes in the dash under the speaker grill where the defroster ducts came thru. Early Falcons share many of the same delete parts. The dash control and firewall plate are reproduced. The plugs that seal the heater hose holes push thru from inside the car. On the engine ford simply capped the water pump and intake connection with a plug and a hose clamp. You are better off installing pipe plugs.
I tap and install Allen plugs in the factory fittings and THEN cap those with the factory rubber cap and factory clamp. That gives the vintage look but also the security of not having to worry about the rubber plugs failing. PM me, I have a heater delete set up I a not using that you can talk me out of Wink. Bob

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Collector, Shelby Concours Judge
stroked 6t5

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 06:11:17 PM »

Hi all,
New to the forum and wondering where do you get these reproduction pieces for the heater delete set up? I've been looking high and low in salvage yards around the country with no luck so far.
Regards,
Andy

6s1802

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 11:28:04 PM »

Paradise Wheels, Craig Conoley has the parts

Jerry

Email
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 01:54:59 AM »

The only thing i still need are the plugs for the fire wall where the hose came through.
Also paradise wheels??

Thanks Jerry

6s1802

Email
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2009, 08:04:55 AM »

Give him a try

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!