Author Topic: For all those with a lead foot  (Read 2339 times)

terlingua11

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
For all those with a lead foot
« on: March 18, 2019, 10:58:42 AM »
Saw an ad for this on a website. Interesting concept. Seems like a pretty high success rate. I have no affiliation or actual experience with them, but thought I would list the link and see what others think. As we all know, sometimes it's hard not to let'er rip from time to time!

https://offtherecord.com
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
Re: For all those with a lead foot
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 01:32:54 PM »
Tho I haven't had a ticket in years (knock on wood) I fight every single ticket with a lawyer. Even if it is the 4mph speed trap revenue ticket I got last in 2011.

If they didn't turn minor infractions over to the insurers, I would just pay them    ::)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 04:40:56 PM »
Supervision is not an option in your state? Illinois allows supervision which doesn't enter as a conviction for insurance purposes.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

terlingua11

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 05:33:00 PM »
What is supervision. Please explain. I've always had to go to court, plead my case and plea bargain it down to a lesser non-moving violation ( but same cost as a speeding ticket ). Time consuming and bothersome not knowing if the city or village will play ball or not.
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 08:59:24 PM »
What a great idea. But does the APP work?
Anyone used it?
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

stangman39

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 08:13:54 AM »
Interesting concept.
I have always gone to court when dealing with a ticket and the outcome has always been better than just paying it.
I did recently have to fight one and spent all morning in court waiting to see the court rep.  If this company/website
would help me avoid sitting in a hot small courtroom surrounded by 100 people, 50 who don't speak English, I'd use it!

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 12:37:40 PM »
Supervision in Illinois is a court option where you pleas guilty and pay the fine and get court supervision usually for three months and you are not to get another mover in that time frame. You are allowed two supervisions in a year. Three moving violations in a year means a license suspension for a set time. Usually three months. Every state has their own motor vehicle codes. I know I'm DuPage county here if the officer is not present, the state passes the case and calls the officer to testify. DuPage is tough.

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 12:40:14 PM »
Supervision in Illinois is a court option where you plead guilty and pay the fine and get court supervision usually for three months and you are not to get another mover in that time frame. This does not enter as a conviction and the insurance company is not aware. You are allowed two supervisions in a year. Three moving violations in a year means a license suspension for a set time.  Three months by statute I believe. Every state has their own motor vehicle codes. I know in DuPage county here if the officer is not present, the state passes the case and calls the officer to testify. DuPage is tough.

terlingua11

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 01:10:50 PM »
Interesting. I have not crossed that in Wisconsin. That would certainly be a nice option if it was available.
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 01:42:43 PM »
Wisconsin is tough overall. My understanding in civil litigation there if you get defaulted for want of an answer the court will not vacate the default and then it is just a prove up in court for damages.  Here in Cook and surrounding counties the court says how much time do you need to file..

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2019, 09:09:44 PM »
In Los Angeles it is wise to request that the ticket be “adjudicated at the county seat”,especially if you get nailed in a far corner of the(large) county.Most cops don’t want the hassle of going downtown (unless you really piss them off)