Author Topic: Seeking Stewart Warner 240A Fuel Pump Rebuilder  (Read 2567 times)

wcampbell

• View Profile
Seeking Stewart Warner 240A Fuel Pump Rebuilder
« on: February 12, 2019, 06:27:35 PM »
Hi All! I have a nice original Stewart Warner 240A fuel pump I purchased on Ebay a while back along with a rebuild kit to refurbish it. I originally thought of doing it myself, but due to time constraints and unfamiliarity of this thing I thought if the price was right I'd send it out to be rebuilt and then just bolt it in when it came back. Does anyone know of a individual or place that would take my pump and kit and rebuild/restore it so it's ready to go? Any help/leads appreciated!

Wayne
wandccampbell@hotmail.com

DH48

• View Profile
Re: Seeking Stewart Warner 240A Fuel Pump Rebuilder
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 08:41:45 PM »
Drew Serb

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 12:22:47 AM »
Hi All! I have a nice original Stewart Warner 240A fuel pump I purchased on Ebay a while back along with a rebuild kit to refurbish it. I originally thought of doing it myself, but due to time constraints and unfamiliarity of this thing I thought if the price was right I'd send it out to be rebuilt and then just bolt it in when it came back. Does anyone know of a individual or place that would take my pump and kit and rebuild/restore it so it's ready to go? Any help/leads appreciated!

Wayne
wandccampbell@hotmail.com
Wayne first you want to check if it makes the clunk clunk clunk noise when you apply power if not that means most likely the internal pump switch is bad. Unfortunately the switch part is obsolete.  The switch is the most expensive part to replace so much so that if it doesn't work it may be more cost effective to start with one that the switch works in the pump. +1 Drew Serb has parts and ability to rebuild but I am not sure if he does a rebuild service for others. Others may have more specific contact info but most likely you can get a hold of him through the Cobra Experience website. https://www.cobraexperience.org/ . I have about five that I am waiting to find the time to recolor (like holley carbs) and rebuild (switchs work in mine) . I can't find time to do my own stuff let alone others so I don't offer a rebuild service.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

thefordshow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 07:02:37 AM »
++Drew Serb,..has done many for us and his work is second to none on these pumps

madeulook

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 09:37:24 PM »
++++Drew Serb

Almost twenty years ago I met Drew at his business, Ultra Sound. Now those of you who went to rock concerts may get this. All over the office was large photos of big venue concerts, including the Grateful Dead. Ultra Sound did just what you think, the sound setups. I was on cloud 9 and Drew fixed me up like nobody's business. Wonderful guy.

This kind of networking and meeting is the best part of the hobby.
SFM5R-madeulook
1965 GT 350 Competition Tribute
1st. place pop vote Mid-Ohio

ALF

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 02:53:57 AM »
I got help and parts from Andrew
He evan offers a full rebuild service for this pumps.

Search for "Charlie Farley" posts on the GT40 Forum:
https://www.gt40s.com/threads/stewart-warner-240a-fuel-pump-switch-renewal.29630/page-2#post-520789

or contact him via his shop:
http://www.gt40goldparts.com/fuel-system.html

madeulook

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 05:59:38 PM »
Alf,

Thank you for posting. The site looks and reads very well and it seems workmanship is spot on.
SFM5R-madeulook
1965 GT 350 Competition Tribute
1st. place pop vote Mid-Ohio