The Official SAAC Forum
December 14, 2017, 12:01:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Rat Pack had great taste  (Read 7019 times)
acman63
SAAC Concours Chairman

Email
« on: May 12, 2009, 02:27:26 PM »

Honey West (Anne Francis) or Angie Dickinson?  Ginger or Mary Ann?  Lets take a poll!

* Killers 1964.jpg (68.71 KB, 480x640 - viewed 595 times.)
steele138
skeptic since 1974

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 03:33:02 PM »

Mary Ann
we all know she had that inner freak thing going!
Scott

" I hate to advocate the use of drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone;but its always worked for me"
Hunter S Thompson
5S545

Oct 1965 - the new family car!

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 03:49:36 PM »

Ginger or Mary Ann?  Lets take a poll!

The Professor  Grin     

Deborah

markko67

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 04:05:38 PM »

Well, that's Angie Dickinson in the picture. And if you ever saw the movie "Big Bad Mama" it's a no-brainer. Although I did prefer Mary Ann over Ginger. Some quick trivia on that movie that the picture is from, "The Killers". It was the last movie made by some guy named Reagan, from some reason he thought he had a future in politics.

Two people can always keep a secret so long as one of them is dead. - Benjamin Franklin
A-Snake

CSX2321

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 04:12:40 PM »

Honey West (Anne Francis) or Angie Dickinson?  Ginger or Mary Ann?  Lets take a poll!

5S003

Email
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 01:24:06 AM »

Favorite part of the movie? When Angie crabs Johnnie North's leg and the tach needle swings to 8,000 rpm's I never knew a Cobra could wind up that fast. Hysterical   We need that part on "You Tube"

Paul H

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 01:36:06 AM »

Cool picture`s, Angie Dickinson was definately a babe. Is that Norman Bates motel behind her in the 1st picture?

Ken Miles Fan
jguyer

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 06:07:19 AM »

Isn't it odd that Mary Ann is the only person named in the Gilligan Theme song? (except Gilligan).

Honey West didn't have an antenna for her car phone. Anne Francis would have probably been considered a little plump by today's standards.

John

GT/CS Registrar

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 10:02:54 PM »

Angie had this subtle sophistication about her....I liked her in that Policewoman show.  I bet she'd have a lot of stories to tell...

Anne Francis, yes was a little pudgy--maybe because she was shorter.  She was OK in Forbidden Planet.  Cute, yes, but OH! those eyes!

I'd take Ginger, because she seemed like a premature "Cougar" that needed some taming.  Mary Ann seemed to perky, and into pies too much.

Then there's Samantha or Jeannie.  Sam was hot in 1970, when she had that "Mod" look.  But Jeannie anytime!  OH! Yes Master!!

Side Note--Major Healey (the actor) owned a '68 Shelby Convertible. 

I got to meet Lana Woods (007 DAF; Plenty O'toole) at the Hollywood Collector's Show in Studio City (L.A.) once.  I was dissappointed. 

Those shows happen about twice a year....quite an education to see what were gorgeous actresses--today selling old pics, in bunny slippers, wearing glasses on librarian chains, and cigarette holders.  Yuk.

OH, Hollywood!!!  At least the cars still look great.    Hmmm....Batmobile or Black Beauty?

PMN.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 10:08:45 PM by GT/CS Registrar » Logged
jpalmer374

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 04:45:17 AM »

I guess just about the bunny slippers, it seems like it could be a rat pack though... I think Ginger is really good for me...

GT200 Pinto

AMERICA No apology necessary

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 08:00:29 AM »

Angie Dickinson was definately a babe. Is that Norman Bates motel behind her in the 1st picture?

Not sure but her shower scene in Dressed to Kill was better than Janet Leigh in Psycho.

66S285

Email
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 09:23:53 AM »

Isn't it odd that Mary Ann is the only person named in the Gilligan Theme song? (except Gilligan).

Honey West didn't have an antenna for her car phone. Anne Francis would have probably been considered a little plump by today's standards.

John

The skipper was named in the song but I don't remember if he was ever id'ed in the actual show.  The Professor's name ( I think was revealed). Help me; my memory is fading

Rick
SFM6 S285
68KR #2375
07 GT500
NOLA Motorsports Park Member
greekz

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 10:09:00 AM »

The skipper was named in the song but I don't remember if he was ever id'ed in the actual show.  The Professor's name ( I think was revealed). Help me; my memory is fading

I do not remember the Skipper's actual name being revealed.  The song "Gilligan, the Skipper too, the Millionaire and his wife, a Movie Star, the Professor and Mary Ann here on Gilligan's Island".

I believe Gilligan was either referred to as Gilligan or Little Buddy by the Skipper, the Skipper was just the Skipper, The Millionaires, Mr. and Mrs Howell, Ginger, the Professor, and Mary Ann.  That is if my memory does not fail me.

Boy, nobody should remember that.  Maybe I need a beer!

6S1134 - '67 GT-350 #2339
pmspero

Email
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 11:10:24 AM »

Favorite part of the movie? When Angie crabs Johnnie North's leg and the tach needle swings to 8,000 rpm's I never knew a Cobra could wind up that fast. Hysterical   We need that part on "You Tube"
If she grabbed my "leg", I can assure you, my tach would also rev up........

johnsshelby

oh honey, let me buy it......

Email
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 04:09:21 PM »

hi guys and doll, going over the cast of gilligan's, mrs howell was daffy/cute. at the time i think she was in her late 50's. now that im old i think she is sweet. at the time it was the movie star for me...no doubt.  that show was good fun.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!