News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1969 C-6 Trans linkage

Started by SFcarbuff, January 08, 2019, 11:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFcarbuff

Hi, I am looking for pictures, the correct part numbers and parts for a 1969 428 C-6 trans.  The parts I am looking for are the levers which come out of the trans where the shift rod and kickdown rods attach.  Thanks for your help!

Special Ed

bill at mansfield mustang  just get on his site go to trans section  to the c6 page he has all the unique parts.

SFcarbuff

Hi  thanks foe the info.  I still need a picture of linkage if someone has one.

CHOPPERS

I just want to say, don't everyone think these are hard to come by, I thought they were until I took a job at Ohare airport, I would have to say 85% of the equipment at the airport uses 4.9 litre 300ci Ford engines and C6 transmissions, And every one of them has that 69 lever in them, also Every once in a while I have seen some 70 ones, Any trans shop can get them, they are severely plentiful.

Krelboyne

Picture on the Mansfield site.
Manual control shift linkage is different between floor shift and column shift for automatic transmissions.
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

aj

Here's a photo of C6 out of mine.  This is the original trans from my 70 GT500.

SFcarbuff

Thanks SJ   The photos were very helpful.  .  The suggestion for Mansfield  Mustang   was super too !

Special Ed

There is a rubber coated wrap around strap that holds the wire in place on the top switch bolt

SFcarbuff