The Official SAAC Forum
December 17, 2017, 10:53:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shelby American Magazine?  (Read 36379 times)
ve4mm

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 06:17:08 PM »

Give me quantity in this case!  I liked receiving The Marque (and early Shelby American magazine) four times a year rather than having to wait 12-15 months for the current Shelby American magazine.  If takes cutting back on content, so be it.  A few more ads?  Ok.  It already has its share of ads now.  I think it's important to receive the club magazine on a MUCH more regular basis.

At least 2 a year would be nice.

Mike

66shelby
ExCarryover Owner &

DRIVEN...The way Carroll Shelby intended.

Email
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 06:22:22 PM »

Gotta agree with you there.  Twice would be nice.  One in the spring to get you pumped for the convention...Another during the winter months to keep your interest...maybe the convention wrap-up or something. 
Of course, as easy as it sounds...I'm sure it takes alot of man power (and time) to put just one issue out.

Its better to be a racer for a minute, than a spectator for a lifetime.
CaptDave

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 06:26:25 PM »

Two is better than one.  Spring and fall sound good.  Just one, I'm still in shock.   Shocked

Hurricane Irene 0 / CaptDave 1

Email
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 06:45:54 PM »

Captdave,
I'm now sorry that I brought this subject up.  Cry I have probably pissed off Rick   Angry for bringing up the subject and I have now dampened your spirits and robbed you of your enthusiasm and spirit for the club, and for that I apologize.
shake and bake Grin
Jon

CaptDave

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 06:54:13 PM »

Captdave,
I'm now sorry that I brought this subject up.  Cry I have probably pissed off Rick   Angry for bringing up the subject and I have now dampened your spirits and robbed you of your enthusiasm and spirit for the club, and for that I apologize.
shake and bake Grin
Jon

I took a hit. That is true.  But I don't think this will suck the like out of me.  Like an xwife will do.  I guess I will just have to start living each day one day at a time.  At least I have my KDL-52XBR4.   Undecided

GT200 Pinto

AMERICA – No apology necessary

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 07:44:42 PM »

If you take the info in the new magazine and add in all the Snakebites the annual total exceeds the early little Marques. I've got the whole collection even the first Cobra Registry. Still great reading today - but always be sure to work backwards through the SAAC publications when looking for info - the latest is the most accurate.
I'd also like to chime in on the reprint issue - I must agree too costly for the Club to undertake. I thought of maybe putting them in PDF format on a disc but once one was sold ther'd be 5 or 10 copies burned and given to friends so that would be a money loser also.

Rick Kopec
SAAC Director

WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 09:59:35 PM »

Guys, you have to understand that these magazines don't write themselves. We do believe in quality and that takes time. Another thing: all of the articles that I don't write are contributed by members. If there are only a handful of contributions, then guess who has to fill those blank pages?

Instead of filling this forum with complaints, why not pick a subject that interests you and... write an article. Don't worry—if it's not up to our standards (which are high) we'll make suggestions and send it back to you and you can massage it and try again. Just keep in mind that the club's reputation is riding on every word you write. You had better have researched everything, dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's because if we print one article that is full of inaccuracies, what's to keep anyone from thinking that the rest of them are similarly slipshod. Don't worry - we fact check everything but you need to do the heavy lifting.

A lot of professional writers in today's automotive magazines got their start writing for SAAC. Like who? Donald Farr and Rick Titus, to name two. There are more. If you've ever thought you might like to be a professional auto-journalist, this is an excellent place to start. It doesn't pay anything but what do you expect? You don't have any experience. And once you get the experience you'll go where the money is anyway.

If you have an idea for an article you think a lot of members would like to read about, send me an outline and I'll review it. What have you got to lose?

The people in the cheap seats always boo the loudest.
CaptDave

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2008, 07:55:42 AM »

Sorry to go off topic for a second or two.  There was a movie in the 70's I remember?  A young boy is at an orphanage.  At dinner time the hungry looking boy gets up with his empty bown and walks up to the head master.  He reaches out with the empty bowl and says "please sir I want more".  The head master looks down at him upset and sternly and says "Mooooore?".  I don't know why that just popped in my head?  Sorry to go off topic there.   Undecided

ve4mm

Email
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2008, 02:50:15 PM »

When is the magazine being mailed?Huh??

CaptDave

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2008, 03:45:58 PM »

When is the magazine being mailed?Huh??

It's like we are all apart of "Star Trek, The Next Generation".  And Rick is "Q".  Never pester "Q" about anything.

CaptDave

Kobrabob

Bob the Neanderthal

WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2008, 05:36:46 PM »

You go that right CaptDave

Bob the Neanderthal

Everthing Cometh To He Who Waiteth
As Long As He Who Waiteth Worketh Like Hell While He Waiteth

Visit Bob's Favorite Links at www.bobacosta.com

http://www.bobacosta.com/favorite_links_4.html
ve4mm

Email
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2008, 08:48:26 PM »

For my $50 a year membership, one magazine a year is warranted.

Kobrabob

Bob the Neanderthal

WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2008, 09:05:12 PM »

Those of us that have been in the club for a long time have gotten used to not getting too concerned about delivery of the Shelby American. It's one of those things in life you can count on but you don't get on your time. Around here it's on their time. You can count on getting your magazine. You just don't know when. I don't think anyone knows that's not in the inner sanctum.

On the other hand, you have to appreciate the value of this club. I won't get on the soap box here. Let me just say that the $50 a year is small change compared to the benefits.

With or without the Shelby American it's worth it.

Bob the Neanderthal

Everthing Cometh To He Who Waiteth
As Long As He Who Waiteth Worketh Like Hell While He Waiteth

Visit Bob's Favorite Links at www.bobacosta.com

http://www.bobacosta.com/favorite_links_4.html
Don Johnston

Email
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2008, 09:53:07 PM »

For the past year this web site has been our "magazine".  It's new, informative and fun.  And no extra charge for all the information.  Works for me. It's the digital age in our carbureted lives. Cool

CaptDave

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2008, 04:31:13 AM »

For the past year this web site has been our "magazine".  It's new, informative and fun.  And no extra charge for all the information.  Works for me. It's the digital age in our carbureted lives. Cool

I agree completely.  The SAAC Forum has been 10,000 times more helpful than the "SA" and it's newsletters.  But the "SA" is fun to read.  I know everyone enjoys getting it.  There is a rumor this year that Rick will hand deliver each and every one.  I have milk and cookies standing by each night just in case.

CaptDave

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!