The Official SAAC Forum
December 17, 2017, 04:10:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shelby American Magazine?  (Read 36382 times)

Email
« on: January 29, 2008, 04:46:29 PM »

Is there a new shiny color Shelby American Magazine on the horizon, or are they on hold given the current situation?  I need some new bathroom reading material.
Jon

Rick Kopec
SAAC Director

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 06:44:30 PM »

Jon:

There is always a Shelby American magazine on the horizon. Unfortunately the new registry is getting in the way of the horizon and while that is on the front burner the magazine takes a back seat. There are only so many hours in the day and we can only do one thing at a time. And yes, the current situation is stealing bits of time here and there.

Here's a promise: when the new registry is finished you'll have so much bathroom reading material that you'll have a permanent case of "butt ring."

Rick

The people in the cheap seats always boo the loudest.
CaptDave

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 05:39:04 AM »

Is there a new shiny color Shelby American Magazine on the horizon, or are they on hold given the current situation?  I need some new bathroom reading material.
Jon

I just rejoined the club.  How many Shelby American Magazine's do we get a year?

Hurricane Irene 0 / CaptDave 1
markko67

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 06:08:25 AM »

I just rejoined the club.  How many Shelby American Magazine's do we get a year?
Usually, about once a year. One thing I like about this club, they don't send out a magazine just for the sake of sending one out. When they have enough material for a new magazine, then they send one.

Two people can always keep a secret so long as one of them is dead. - Benjamin Franklin
CaptDave

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 06:19:56 AM »

Usually, about once a year. One thing I like about this club, they don't send out a magazine just for the sake of sending one out. When they have enough material for a new magazine, then they send one.

Ok, you're joking about the one a year?  There will be more, right?

shlby66

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 08:48:19 AM »

No joke. About one copy per year or less. But its worth waiting for. You will not put it down until you read it cover to cover. Enjoy!

CaptDave

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 11:39:55 AM »

No joke. About one copy per year or less. But its worth waiting for. You will not put it down until you read it cover to cover. Enjoy!

Ok, you got me.  I almost believed that 1 is all we get.  What is the real number?  Must be about 4 a year.  I can't live with less then that.   Cry

66shelby
ExCarryover Owner &

DRIVEN...The way Carroll Shelby intended.

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 11:43:03 AM »

The club has just so many hands. I'm sure they could put it out more often....if you like ads & fluff.  But for me...its worth the wait. 

Its better to be a racer for a minute, than a spectator for a lifetime.
ve4mm

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 04:57:41 PM »

I agree.

There should be more than 1 magazine per year.

I am a member of other clubs (Ham Radio) and receive 12 magazines a year from them.

Mike

66shelby
ExCarryover Owner &

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 05:16:08 PM »

In the early years of the SAAC, the magazine would come out 4 times a year...maybe more.  I especially liked the cars for sale area in the back of the Shelby American (smaller issue) back in the late 70s.
However the quality of the magazine now is much better than the old ones. 
Whata want Quality or Quantity?Huh?Huh?Huh?

CaptDave

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 05:31:30 PM »

Alright, if it's just one issue when does the one issue come out?  Don't tell me it's January.  I still hope you guys are kidding.  It can't be just one.

427 Cobra

SAAC Member since 1979

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 05:35:51 PM »

In the early years of the SAAC, the magazine would come out 4 times a year...maybe more.  I especially liked the cars for sale area in the back of the Shelby American (smaller issue) back in the late 70s.
However the quality of the magazine now is much better than the old ones. 
Whata want Quality or Quantity?Huh?Huh?Huh?

Give me quantity in this case!  I liked receiving The Marque (and early Shelby American magazine) four times a year rather than having to wait 12-15 months for the current Shelby American magazine.  If takes cutting back on content, so be it.  A few more ads?  Ok.  It already has its share of ads now.  I think it's important to receive the club magazine on a MUCH more regular basis.

SFM6S

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 05:37:48 PM »

To butcher a quote from an old wine ad...  "We will publish no magazine before its time".  Originally, we recieved six mags a year and that has dwindled down to one;  but back in the day, SAAC was learning new info about the cars on a regular basis.  When the last registry was published, it included everything that was known about the cars up to that point.  The new registries will also be the latest info on our cars.  With the internet and this GREAT Forum, the need for the published word is diminished.  This is not to say however, that the magazine should be abolished.  Just as the last Snakebite had info in it that appeared on this site, I suppose that the magazine would probably continue in a similar direction.

Joe

CaptDave

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 05:57:16 PM »

Just one.  I'm really going to miss it.  I remember as a young lad working out in the driveway on my 1967 Mustang GTA.  When the mailman would arrive and I would see a copy of the Shelby American I would stop what I was doing.  I'd sit right there in the driveway and read it from cover to cover.  Going to miss that.   Cry

66shelby
ExCarryover Owner &

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 06:15:53 PM »

You can still do the driveway thing.  Only once a year though.  You just gotta hope it comes during the summer months....because it would suck to be sitting out in the driveway in the snow. Grin Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!