The Official SAAC Forum
December 14, 2017, 08:14:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you know where YOUR original vin stamped block / tranny is? Please read  (Read 597 times)
evantugby

Email
« on: December 05, 2017, 04:16:04 PM »

Hello SAAC Forum,

My name is Evan.  I haven't formally introduced myself.  I am a USAF Officer currently stationed at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland and am an owner of a 1966 Fastback K-code.  I am writing this message in an effort to locate my original K-code engine and toploader for 6T09K134680 which may exist in a Shelby.  I also want everyone to know that I have a database currently consisting of 231 K-code vin numbers, many of which are mismatched that I've been collecting in an effort to help anyone seeking their original block and transmissions.   

Offer:  If you are seeking out a specific K-code vin please pm me so I can search my database. 
Request:  If you have a mismatched vin in your vehicle I would appreciate if you would allow me to record the information for purposes of helping you link up with the person who may want their original engine/transmission. 

Thank you,
Evan
334 two two one - 02 one 4.

Currently: 1966 Ford Mustang, K-code Fastback, Signal Flare Red, Black interior, 4-speed
Formerly: 1965 Ford Mustang, A-code Coupe, Wimbledon White, Red interior, Automatic
Steve McDonald (formally mcdonas)
Drive it, you'll never regret it
SAAC Member

Drive it like you stole it, it’s a “Capital” idea

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 06:22:19 PM »

PM sent

6S1431 owned since 1971, driven cross country 3 times, daily driver until for almost 20 years, has over 200,000 miles on it. Every time I drive it it makes me feel like I'm 21 again
evantugby

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 11:27:23 AM »

Steve,
Thanks for the inquiry. I checked with a fellow forum member who has records of k-codes being sold all the way back into the early 1980s and he has never recorded your vin either. 

I certainly appreciate the question. Thank you for the opportunity to help you find what you're looking for.

Evan

Currently: 1966 Ford Mustang, K-code Fastback, Signal Flare Red, Black interior, 4-speed
Formerly: 1965 Ford Mustang, A-code Coupe, Wimbledon White, Red interior, Automatic
capecodmustang.com

bret@capecodmustang.com
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 03:47:22 PM »

Evan:  I've owned 8-9 K codes throughout the years.

There seems to be a trend that many cars that were built at the New Jersey plant didn't have the VIN stamped on the engine.
I had a survivor 66 K code a couple years ago with no VIN.
Others have mentioned similar results with their K Code from Metuchen.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 05:25:06 PM by capecodmustang.com » Logged
zray

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 04:30:36 PM »

I had one of those NJ K codes w/o the engine VIN stamping.  The engine did have the proper date codes in place to possibly be the original engine. But to my suspicious mind, that's only an indication of originality, not proof of anything. There are many possible scenarios which could account for such an occurrence.

For example, in my little affluent hometown of 30,000 (headquarters of Phillips (66) Petroleum Co.)  back in 65/66 there were usually  3 or 4 K codes on the Ford dealers back lot awaiting brand new complete replacement engines from Ford.  most of these wounded ducks were barely a month old. And had suffered damage resulting from owners that couldn't be bothered to shift from 2nd to 3rd in a timely fashion when street racing some Pontiac or Chevy. Those replacement engines might very well have come from the same batch as the ones originally installed, thereby having a seemingly "correct" engine casting date,

For this reason, and of course the obvious ease of adding VIN numbers to a blank block, I don't ascribe much importance to the presence or absence of a VIN stamping on early K code engines.

Z

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 06:28:47 PM by zray » Logged
evantugby

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 08:54:02 PM »

Thank you. I do understand that some HiPo blocks/transmissions may not have received a stamp.  I'm trying to help locate mismatched blocks and/or transmissions sitting in a different K-code karr to see if we can find original drive trains for owners out there.  For example:  5R07K200115 is a Kar listed in the K-code registry but Marv said no contact information was listed to be able to get a hold of the kar's owner.  That's to bad because this Kar's original engine has been found and is part of the drive train in 6T07K244194. 

It's a hobby that I enjoy.  Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!