The Official SAAC Forum
December 14, 2017, 01:50:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ford Lawsuit Against 2017 GT Owner  (Read 1904 times)
QuickSilverShelby

I wanna go where the beer flows like wine.

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2017, 09:42:04 AM »

What a bunch of snowflake whiner's on that FGT Forum thread.................. Geeze!  Head knock
Stephen, don't you regularly try and sell Ford GT's on the FGT Forum?  Interesting sale tactic.  Insult the customer. Cheesy

QSS

1968 GT500 Convertible Auto
2007 GT-H 5spd
chad

Email
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2017, 11:07:31 AM »

I was just thinking the same thing about what Stephen said.  I wil have to make sure I post that over there

stephen_becker

Email
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2017, 11:50:44 AM »

I do not try to sell
I do sell FGT's not only on that forum but on many others - I paid for a lifetime membership on the FORDGTFORUM back in 2006 to be able to post cars for sale (both FGT's and others) and comment on the different threads. My personal opinion about how other folks are reacting to this issue is my own personal opinion. I was one of many folks that Ford decided should not get a new FGT and I find it amusing that Ford picked John and that John did exactly what John wanted to do. Its not a pretty situation for either party in my opinion.

SGB

Stephen, don't you regularly try and sell Ford GT's on the FGT Forum?  Interesting sale tactic.  Insult the customer. Cheesy

QSS

stephen_becker

Email
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2017, 12:08:19 PM »

Be very very careful when posting over there as they will remove your post and ban you (without ever telling you) if they do not agree with what you say - It s a very tense atmosphere on that forum and you have to watch what (and how) you say something - Just an FYI

SGB

I was just thinking the same thing about what Stephen said.  I wil have to make sure I post that over there

Bigfoot
SAAC Member

RIP KIWI

Email
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2017, 07:41:30 PM »

The car was purpose built to race and win Le Mans.
It won Le Mans in its class.
Who is stupid?

**********RIP KIWI*********
Can YOU solve the Rubik's Cube?
Bigfoot
SAAC Member

RIP KIWI

Email
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2017, 07:41:56 PM »

^^
Ford has done some really stupid things over the last few years, but this was the stupidest idea they ever had.  I wonder if Raj was behind this stupidity?

C6ZZGT

Email
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2017, 01:55:37 AM »

Mod Note: repaired post

I do not try to sell
I do sell FGT's not only on that forum but on many others - I paid for a lifetime membership on the FORDGTFORUM back in 2006 to be able to post cars for sale (both FGT's and others) and comment on the different threads. My personal opinion about how other folks are reacting to this issue is my own personal opinion. I was one of many folks that Ford decided should not get a new FGT and I find it amusing that Ford picked John and that John did exactly what John wanted to do. Its not a pretty situation for either party in my opinion.

SGB

OK so lets says you agree to sell me a car,I take car and then refuse to pay. How well is that going to go over with you ? Same difference if you ask me,Cena signed the contract that said he would keep the car for 24 months--and then did not.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 06:02:33 AM by Bill. » Logged
stephen_becker

Email
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2017, 08:23:52 AM »

Mod Note: repaired post

OK so lets says you agree to sell me a car,I take car and then refuse to pay. How well is that going to go over with you ? Same difference if you ask me,Cena signed the contract that said he would keep the car for 24 months--and then did not.

I am not disagreeing with you that what Cena appears to have done is wrong - I do not follow your question logic though about taking my car and not paying for it - If you buy a car from me and you do not pay for it that is called grand theft auto and that is criminal - What he allegedly did is contract law and that is civil

SGB

« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 08:27:59 AM by stephen_becker » Logged
SAAC Member

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2017, 10:35:52 AM »

Ford has done some really stupid things over the last few years, but this was the stupidest idea they ever had.  I wonder if Raj was behind this stupidity?

They could do what GM does for Corvette buyers;

Produce way more cars than there is demand for and cause your car to depreciate 45% in the first year.

Bob Gaines

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2017, 12:22:49 PM »

One of our forum members had suggested to me that Ford should do what Ferrari does when they want to protect one of their limited edition cars. They apparently lease the car for the term (at the equivalent of the sticker price I suppose) that way a title is not transferred until after the determined time (like Fords 24 month contract). That process although not infallible makes he car harder to sell until the time limit is up. It sounds workable at least .   

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Collector, Shelby Concours Judge
06 GT

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2017, 06:33:07 PM »

"there is NO such thing as bad publicity" - Sylvester Stallone
... "as long as they spell your name right" Carroll Shelby

Bigfoot
SAAC Member

RIP KIWI

Email
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2017, 06:51:39 PM »

One of our forum members had suggested to me that Ford should do what Ferrari does when they want to protect one of their limited edition cars. They apparently lease the car for the term (at the equivalent of the sticker price I suppose) that way a title is not transferred until after the determined time (like Fords 24 month contract). That process although not infallible makes he car harder to sell until the time limit is up. It sounds workable at least .   

Simple and clean.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!