The Official SAAC Forum
November 20, 2017, 04:59:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Airbag recall?  (Read 1804 times)
KR500

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2017, 07:36:15 AM »

Still get past why the tune is even touched during this process? I am 99% sure it is not affected at all.

Also, the bag, horn cover or dash cover is not changed, it is just the accelarant canister that gets swapped out.
Not true. The drivers and passenger frontal air bags are a complete module ( every vehicle I have ever seen ), and have no serviceable components. The whole Module is replaced as an assembly, ( inflateor, air bag & cover ).

Rodney

Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Concours Judge, SAAC Rep,OH
SAAC Member

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2017, 02:03:00 PM »

Not true. The drivers and passenger frontal air bags are a complete module ( every vehicle I have ever seen ), and have no serviceable components. The whole Module is replaced as an assembly, ( inflateor, air bag & cover ).

Rodney

There are several documented swaps on the FGT forum. Only the accelerant component (module) is swapped out. You leave with the airbag you arrived with. Same goes for the horn cover and airbag cover in the dash.

I will provide a link when I have more time.

427heaven

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2017, 07:26:36 PM »

Still get past why the tune is even touched during this process? I am 99% sure it is not affected at all.

Also, the bag, horn cover or dash cover is not changed, it is just the accelarant canister that gets swapped out.
  The tune is not part of it, but when the cars come in for service such as an airbag check they can and will check other parameters in the computer diagnostics. this reveals an awful lot about each car.  If we didn't have to worry about warranty issues, like with our vintage cars it is a no brainer. Since most have some type of warranty on these cars the dealerships are not wanting to fix them under warranty. So they can check to see what cars have been ADJUSTED to perform BETTER than what the factory produced. Just another way for big brother to keep an eye on things. Than the service writer can say I'm sorry we wont be covering that. Imagine all the blown up SH-T back in the day what a nightmare.

SAAC Member

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2017, 11:24:56 PM »

These cars are well out of warranty.

Here is a picture of the actuator, which is the part being replaced.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/29134-Takata-airbag-recall?p=424274&viewfull=1#post424274

The airbags are not replaced. Feel free to read all 55 pages of the thread for more details.

torch40

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2017, 08:15:28 AM »

Why would an altered tune be an issue? I have not heard anyone say that it is up to this point.
Because taking your car to a dealer sucks. Didn't think that statement was any big inside information.

2011 GT350 #50
1966 GT350 #038
SAAC Member

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2017, 09:31:03 AM »

Because taking your car to a dealer sucks. Didn't think that statement was any big inside information.

We are in total agreement.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!