The Official SAAC Forum
December 11, 2017, 07:43:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1967 GT500 - VIN question  (Read 1558 times)
jjcincy67

« on: October 10, 2017, 07:41:35 PM »

Hi, I apologize if there are already threads on this. Purchasing a 67 GT500 and the car comes with a well documented history. I have personally spoken to all the owners since the early 80's. The original owner hit a guardrail in the mid 1970's and when the fender was replaced, so was the inner fender. The car is registered in the Shelby registry, but because of the accident I do not have the Ford Vin only the Shelby VIN. Is there any way to get it given the history that I have on the car, would like to have a Marti report.  Any idea on anywhere else that the VIN may be.  This is my 1st Shelby, so trying to learn as much as I can. Thanks in advance.

car 26-JD

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 08:28:16 PM »

Suggest contacting the SAAC '67 Registrar Dave Mathews, he is on this forum often.

Try sending him a PM (private message) "GT350DAVE"

Bob Gaines

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 09:07:48 PM »

Suggest contacting the SAAC '67 Registrar Dave Mathews, he is on this forum often.

Try sending him a PM (private message) "GT350DAVE"
Good idea .Discussing these types of things on a public forum are not recomended

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Collector, Shelby Concours Judge
Bill.
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 03:29:57 AM »

Hi, I apologize if there are already threads on this. Purchasing a 67 GT500 and the car comes with a well documented history. I have personally spoken to all the owners since the early 80's. The original owner hit a guardrail in the mid 1970's and when the fender was replaced, so was the inner fender. The car is registered in the Shelby registry, but because of the accident I do not have the Ford Vin only the Shelby VIN. Is there any way to get it given the history that I have on the car, would like to have a Marti report.  Any idea on anywhere else that the VIN may be.  This is my 1st Shelby, so trying to learn as much as I can. Thanks in advance.

Without giving anything away, have you looked under the passenger fender for the Ford VIN that is stamped there?  Chug a Lug

All else fails, as suggested above, contacting the registrar offline (via PM here) is highly recommended.

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
Items in black are the personal opinion of this users account
Items highlighted in Red are Moderator duty related and do not reflect the personal opinion of this users account.
jjcincy67

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 05:34:18 AM »

Thanks you everyone for the quick replies, will reach out.

Coralsnake

www.thecoralsnake.com

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 05:35:03 AM »

Are there any Shelbys that arent in the Registry? Am I reading too much into rhis, that when people say " its in the Registry" they are trying to convey some form of legitimacy to the car in question?

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 07:47:07 AM by Coralsnake » Logged

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Shelby Researcher, theCoralsnake.com Webmaster and the official Conelec Public Relations Officer.
SAAC Member

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 07:45:09 AM »

Buying a Registry from the registrar will also be very helpful. Some of your questions are answered (with pictures/diagrams) there.

richstang

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 08:06:10 AM »

Are there any Shelbys that arent in the Registry? Am I reading too much into rhis, that when people say " its in the Registry" they are trying to convey some form of legitimacy to the car in question?

I agree, it seems to be the "go to" line in any sales/auction advertisement. It has no value. The car's actual history inside the registry would be more helpful.

Best to talk to the registrar about a particular car before buying. Also having a SHELBY expert examine the car for any issues is the only way to go.

acman63
SAAC Concours Chairman

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 03:36:13 PM »

SAAC will NOT provide Ford serial numbers and vice versa.  its up to car owner to provide id numbers to saac for verification

Bigfoot
SAAC Member

RIP KIWI

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 04:08:45 PM »

I think they are to an extent.
"A rose is a rose is a rose"
What if it was car 9752 or 11666......?

**********RIP KIWI*********
Can YOU solve the Rubik's Cube?
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 04:16:52 PM »

If itís a 4 speed  and has the original tranny.........

Bob Gaines

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 04:34:29 PM »

LIKE I SAID BEFORE VIN DETAILS LIKE THIS ARE BETTER DISCUSSED WITH THE REGISTRAR OR PRIVATELY AND NOT ON A PUBLIC FORUM. I was contacted  last week about just such a car described as immaculately restored 67 GT500 for 75k . No Ford or Shelby numbers up front. I suspect a repro tag too but had no way to confirm. I was asked by a second party if there was a way to find out the Ford numbers. The prospective buyer was a dealer who was wanting to flip the car and was trying to understand better the situation. The potential buyer didn't have to much detailed information other then the most basic info.  I said the no numbers ,the immaculate restored description and the price sent up a giant red flag. You know the saying, If a deal is too good to be true. No sin to flip it at all but if I don't know them I just refer them the the SAAC Registry and or the Registrar.  

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Collector, Shelby Concours Judge
J_Speegle

www.ConcoursMustang.com

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2017, 11:52:09 AM »

LIKE I SAID BEFORE VIN DETAILS LIKE THIS ARE BETTER DISCUSSED WITH THE REGISTRAR OR PRIVATELY AND NOT ON A PUBLIC FORUM. .................

+1

Jeff Speegle
Enthusiast, Judge, Detail Collector, ConcoursMustang.com Mentor
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!