The Official SAAC Forum
December 12, 2017, 06:31:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KR VIN Funny Business  (Read 1668 times)
69mach351w
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2017, 06:33:33 PM »

My first Mustang was a 1966 coupe 289 Metuchen car I bought in 1978. The VIN stamped into the LS fender was 6T07C. The VIN tag was stamped 6T07T.

'69 Mach1 MCA Concours Conservator #105
Been in Family since Jan.'70
Coralsnake

www.thecoralsnake.com

WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2017, 06:50:19 AM »

Like you seem to be on #2506?

You know what I have learned? The more I lead you on, the more you expose yourself.

I don't make those types of statements unless they are well founded. ALL GT500 KRs came from the factory without an engine code stamped into the apron. The fact you didn't know that only proves my point.

If you want to make a determination that a car is a clone from looking at a single tag (or in this case - two tags) than you are coming from a position of ignorance. I have seen full blown clones with original tags. So if you are just looking at tags, you are missing a big part of the picture. Without knowing a car's history or seeing a car in person, it's very hard to decide if it is a clone. In my opinion, it also very irresponsible to even insinuate that it could be. I think I have made that point.

Now to the sniper....

I don't have tear down a car to make the owner look bad.

Unfortunately for you, I do know your former car and for you to spout off about only owning a car that is 100% completely numbers matching is a little hypocritical, don't you think?

End of morning rant. There you go, making me break my own rules.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 08:03:36 AM by Coralsnake » Logged

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Shelby Researcher, theCoralsnake.com Webmaster and the official Conelec Public Relations Officer.
Coralsnake

www.thecoralsnake.com

WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2017, 06:55:21 AM »

Now back to the original poster. I am not exaggerating when I say I have seen several thousand tags on 1968 Shelbys. I am not bragging either, but in my opinion, both tags are originals and have no concerns. Besides, if you were going to have a tag restamped, most people would make an effort to have it stamped correctly and not with an obvious error.  You can't use "condition" as the only factor to determine if a tag is genuine. I have seen some examples of some pretty pristine, original tags.

Here is the Shelby tag. No concerns here, again just my opinion.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 06:58:04 AM by Coralsnake » Logged

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Shelby Researcher, theCoralsnake.com Webmaster and the official Conelec Public Relations Officer.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!