The Official SAAC Forum
December 11, 2017, 05:46:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Fall Regional Meet - WHAT A WEEKEND!!!!  (Read 2690 times)
richstang

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 04:55:44 PM »

I think SAAC should make Steve McDonald an official Shelby Ambassador already.  No one else is out there putting in the time showing off their Shelby like he does.  Chug a Lug

He does get around!
The little guy in reply #8 voted Steve's Hertz his favorite of the show. He said the gold stripes really help it stand out.
I think Steve gave him a ride at the end of the day. Pretty cool.
 Party on

Steve McDonald (formally mcdonas)
Drive it, you'll never regret it
SAAC Member

Drive it like you stole it, it’s a “Capital” idea

Email
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 05:59:19 PM »

Asked his parents permission to give him a ride around the parking lot. I had an extra SAAC41 hat that I gave him. A little something "extra" to a very special young man. I let him sit in it during the show. His mother said everyone made him feel welcome and he was a joy to be around

* IMG_1088.jpg (7.31 KB, 800x531 - viewed 95 times.)

6S1431 owned since 1971, driven cross country 3 times, daily driver until for almost 20 years, has over 200,000 miles on it. Every time I drive it it makes me feel like I'm 21 again
Ldouble619
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 06:35:37 PM »

Great pics, steve

car 26-JD

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2017, 06:43:01 PM »

I think SAAC should make Steve McDonald an official Shelby Ambassador already.  No one else is out there putting in the time showing off their Shelby like he does.  Chug a Lug

He makes us look good - "Ambassador Steve" - Thanks!

SAAC Member

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2017, 07:33:35 AM »

I love Cyclone Spoilers!. I hardly ever see them.

Which one won, the Grabber Blue or Calypso Coral?

richstang

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2017, 08:08:10 AM »

I love Cyclone Spoilers!. I hardly ever see them.

Which one won, the Grabber Blue or Calypso Coral?
The Competition orange Cyclone had the correct wheels. I guess the crowd really liked the strong contrast of the Grabber Blue with white interior along with the shiny chrome Cragar's. It was a popular vote show, so no judging. The GB owner had just completed the restoration. Both owners were super nice guys.

* 70 Merc Cyclone CO.jpg (111.32 KB, 800x600 - viewed 77 times.)
Cobrask8
SAAC Nat'l Coordinator of Regions

Email
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2017, 09:58:43 AM »

The orange one is a local that has been around for 20+ years. Driven everywhere, great owner. Blue one just finished, minor detaisls to correct.

Both GREAT cars, I agree

Official Home of CHEPSK8 RACING TEAM

ShelbyEra07

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2017, 11:15:26 AM »

definitely a nice show. Wish i did the tour this year.....i didnt get my car buttoned up till like 9:30pm on Saturday. Hope to make the tour next year.  Party on

SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2017, 05:33:49 AM »

I don't know why, but it rains almost every time I go out with the car. This show was no exception, rained on the way up and rained on the way back

* IMG_1091.jpg (81.45 KB, 800x600 - viewed 60 times.)

* IMG_1092.jpg (50.84 KB, 800x600 - viewed 58 times.)

6S1431 owned since 1971, driven cross country 3 times, daily driver until for almost 20 years, has over 200,000 miles on it. Every time I drive it it makes me feel like I'm 21 again
richstang

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2017, 06:33:54 AM »

I'm not surprised Steve. On Sunday morning checking the radar showed a very large rain patch about an hour to the west. We were lucky it never passed over the show and the sun popped out early in the afternoon. I don't driving later model Mustang to car shows in rain and here you are driving the beautiful 66 Hertz in all sorts of bad weather.
Were you ever a US postal worker?
 Grin

SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2017, 07:15:22 AM »

No, I worked in the automotive industry my entire life. I have felt like "going postal " several times thought Frustration

mark p

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2017, 10:14:44 AM »

It sounds so cliche', but the words are so true. This year's weekend event was a great one, and if you did not attend this year, you did miss it...

Breakfast and a great tour route Saturday had everybody going, with a super-scenic group photo at the Nockamixon marina, and superb lunch sandwiches.
Saturday night's evening program at the NB Center was mind-boggling. The facility, cars, shops, staff, scrumptious dinner was just incredible. We all were speechless.

Super Job by the Team in putting this together [again] this year. Thank You!
The roads for the tour were a lot of fun, made even better by running in a pack of great cars.

I think that I overheard on guy say that The NB Center was "indescribable", which could be the best definition... WOW.

We were sorry to miss out on the show, looks like it was great.
The very friendly and helpful attendees are another key to the fun.

'66 Tiger / '65 Thunderbird
DC-DD

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2017, 08:56:14 AM »

Link to our Club website where a few more pictures are posted and the results.

https://lvpasaac.com/galleries/2017-galleries/2017-ne-regional-meet.html

Apologize for the very late additional pictures.  The weather couldn't have been more perfect for Saturday for the tour.  Having a stop at the boat dock at Nockamixon was a super photo op.  Weather Sunday morning, well, you already know it was light rain for some and no rain for others on the way to and from the show.  The rest of the day was overcast to sun and went very 
well. 

I would like to thank all of those that brought their cars out to participate in our event.  We don't have event without you. 
A special thank you to Club members that worked before and during the event.

And, Dan R., special thanks to you for all the hard work you do to put this together. 

Diana

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!