The Official SAAC Forum
November 17, 2017, 11:27:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for 1966 GT350H VIN  (Read 874 times)
GT350CS

« on: September 11, 2017, 11:34:38 AM »

Does anyone know the VINs for the following Hertz cars found on the Internet?

https://petrolicious.com/articles/i-rented-a-shelby-gt350-hertz-for-a-saturday-drive-in-san-diego

http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/1703-test-driving-revology-cars-shelby-g-t-350-replica/

Thanks in advance,

Dennis

6s1802

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 05:26:12 PM »

based on the license plate of the car with the stock magnums somewhere in the upper 18- 1900 range

06 GT

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 06:05:47 PM »

based on the license plate of the car with the stock magnums somewhere in the upper 18- 1900 range
Hard to tell from the plates. #843 had SRL 393 and was delivered by HiPerf Motors to Hertz LA in 2-66. Each DMV office in CA were sent plates in random order. Both cars have closed letter valve covers may be the best indication.

J_Speegle

www.ConcoursMustang.com

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 07:29:57 PM »

Hard to tell from the plates. .............

If you did so you would be assuming that the plates are original to the car. Not always the case.  Plates would only help if you knew other cars delivered to Hertz at the same time and of course you would need to know where this car was delivered to.

I have no records showign a car (Mustang or Shelby) with a Calif plate starting with "SK" so can't be of any help

Jeff Speegle
Enthusiast, Judge, Detail Collector, ConcoursMustang.com Mentor
6s1802

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 09:42:48 PM »

I'm talking the srm plated car

GT350CS

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 07:35:04 AM »

Jeff,

I am aware of two cars having SK plates recorded as original to the cars. SKB a 1965 GT350 sold at Mark Downing Ford - Huntington Beach, CA and SKD a 1966 GT350, sorry I don't have the point of sale information with me and would have to check the Registry.

I assume that both were probably sold in Southern California. I do not show any Hertz California cars with the SKV, but there are still many I am researching.

I do hope someone can help me with these two at least.

Thanks,

Dennis

J_Speegle

www.ConcoursMustang.com

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 02:01:38 PM »

Well maybe we can narrow it down a little but it relies on the restorer and only the pictures we have. If the restorer got the details wrong then the results will be incorrect

For the SRM plate car there are not enough details to compare to pictures I have.

For the 1st car - SKV  we have a number of details (sometimes conflicting or incorrect ones) that make the car somewhat unique. But compared it to all the pictures of 66's I have (almost 50% of production)  and could not find a match but of course the car could have had changes or a restoration since I got/took the picture

Gave it a shot

Jeff Speegle
06 GT

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 08:36:25 PM »

The SRM plate on the front is a rear plate - the month/year stickers were only on the rear plates.

J_Speegle

www.ConcoursMustang.com

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 10:06:07 PM »

The SRM plate on the front is a rear plate - the month/year stickers were only on the rear plates.

Agree that plate was once a rear plate at some point.  Originally the didn't issue month stickers in the 60's in Calif and all registrations came due at the first of the year.  Calif changed this years later to stagger the great number of cars registered in the state around the year to reduce the impact the earlier practice created

IF installed as instructed by DMA year stickers alternated drivers side or passenger side of the plate based on even or odd years

Jeff Speegle
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!