The Official SAAC Forum
November 19, 2017, 07:00:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  

SAAC

SAAC Memberlodge

SAAC Stuff

SAAC Facebook

SAAC Facebook Group

SAAC on Twitter
2009 Annual
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Packard Museum in Dayton OH  (Read 216 times)
Corey.Bowcutt
SAAC Member

Email
« on: September 06, 2017, 03:22:43 PM »

I was in Dayton last week on business and had an afternoon to kill so I looked up things to do.  I found there was a Packard Museum just 7 miles away so I went.  It was super cool.  The venue was an original Packard dealership from the 30's that was restored.  It housed many (maybe 50) beautiful Packards both Pre WWII and post WWII.  It was only $6 to tour.  Well worth the time and money.

The curator said it was common for car clubs to bring their cars as a group and tour the museum.  They show you their cars and you show them yours.  So if there are any Shelby/Mustang clubs in the area you should really plan a club outing there.

I have some great pictures but they are too large to post so not sure how to make them smaller?

Corey

rhjanes

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 05:40:18 PM »

I believe Hemmings did a write up on it.  There is another Packard museum in Buffalo NY.

I hope to make the Auburn, Cord, Duesenburg one in Auburn IN also.....

Pirating Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
"For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away"  Bryan Adams....
BLOG
TOBKOB
SAAC Member

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 06:00:43 PM »

If you are in SW Michigan there is a car museum you should see. In fact you should plan to go to Michigan to see this one. https://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org/   I spent a full day there last year and could have spent at least another day.

TOB

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!