The Official SAAC Forum
September 23, 2017, 05:54:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  

SAAC

SAAC Memberlodge

SAAC Stuff

SAAC Facebook

SAAC Facebook Group

SAAC on Twitter
2009 Annual
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for the Corvette Guys  (Read 901 times)
Don Johnston

Email
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2017, 10:23:44 PM »

The Shelby factory tour and museum is free and I visit about every year to see Gary Patterson, Jim King and sometimes, Titus and what is going on in production.  For me all the good Shelby museum stuff for is in Colorado. Cool

CorvetteMike (formerly mikeljgt500kr)

In the High Mountains of New Mexico

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2017, 06:22:58 AM »

oops - my first Vette was in 1967 age 17 a 1954 complete with Blue Flame 6 and powerglide. Then there was the 63 Roadster followed by a 66 396 Coupe. The last one was an 86 underpowered slug. 4 Vettes and only two Shelbys 66 & 68. The Shelby factory museum isn't all that impressive. Yes I mentioned the dozens of historic Vettes displayed behind the others. As a side note my admission tickets showed up on my CC statement as a donation to the museum so at least I'll get a little write off.

Wow!  You have had some nice 'Vettes.  Did you see the special colors exhibit they have?  I always like that one, and I agree that all the Lingenfelter, Greenwood, and Calloway cars are pretty boring.  The NCM is a 501(c)3 charity, so you can write the tickets off.  Was anyone taking Museum delivery of their new Corvettes when you were there?  That is a really nice program, along with being able to watch your Corvette be built and being able to build your own engine on the high performance models, like the Z06, and previously the ZR1, like I did.  The burgers in the cafe there are also great.   It is too bad that the Shelby museums aren't consolidated in one place, that would be better and of course it would be nice to have them close to where the cars are made, but since the Ford Mustang plant (where the new GT350s are made) is so far away from Shelby American, it makes that impossible I guess. Chug a Lug

mark p

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2017, 10:11:11 AM »

Is the Allard still on display in the Museum?

'66 Tiger / '65 Thunderbird
BigBlock

Email
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2017, 05:14:16 AM »

Thanks for the AO Smith info. Maybe I'll call the 'Historian' and update them.

Also when I told them at the museum I had a Mustang they asked why doesn't Mustang have a national museum. I said I thought one was in the works??? I know back in the 80s our club gave money towards a Mustang museum but heard later the organizers were just traveling the country getting donations. Shocked

CorvetteMike (formerly mikeljgt500kr)

In the High Mountains of New Mexico

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2017, 06:07:52 AM »

It's supposed to happen soon........http://www.mustangownersmuseum.com

But if you can't wait, there is always this one:   http://mustangmuseumofamerica.com

IMO, it still would be better to have it near the factory so there could be tours and you could see the Mustangs being built.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 06:14:49 AM by CorvetteMike (formerly mikeljgt500kr) » Logged
MyShelbyDream
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2017, 10:19:11 AM »

The Mustang Owner's Museum is due to open this spring outside of Charlotte here in North Carolina.  SAAC Carolinas is a sponser of it. 

Brian Glover
SAAC North Carolina's Representative

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!