The Official SAAC Forum
November 22, 2017, 10:31:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB-NOS C5 or C6 stamped Solenoid & NOS Autolite black/silver lettering volt reg  (Read 522 times)

Email
« on: September 05, 2017, 11:38:02 AM »

I'm hunting for 2 NOS parts for a '66 project:  C5 or C6 stamped solenoid and voltage regulator (Black base with silver lettering).  Message me if you can help or have any leads to either of these.

-Matt

J_Speegle

www.ConcoursMustang.com

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 11:44:16 AM »

I'm hunting for 2 NOS parts for a '66 project:  C5 or C6 stamped solenoid

Good luck. Have never heard or seen a C5 started solenoid - don't believe any were ever made.  The C6 are very hard to find (have never seen a NOS one) and were used only for a short period of time (relative compared to the C4AF ones) at San Jose.

Not sure what car number your working on but remember these are dated so that might conflict with your final product or what your planning on doing with the car (showing, selling ....)

Jeff Speegle
Enthusiast, Judge, Detail Collector, ConcoursMustang.com Mentor
rockhouse66

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 05:14:35 AM »

Why wouldn't this car have the 2701966 marked solenoid?  Was there a cutoff date between these and a C6?

Jim
J_Speegle

www.ConcoursMustang.com

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 07:03:50 PM »

Why wouldn't this car have the 2701966 marked solenoid?  Was there a cutoff date between these and a C6?

Wasn't sure of when the car was built since that was not included in the original post

Follow up - turns out the car in question is not a Shelby but a late 66 San Jose Mustang Wink

Just posted a survey over on the ConcoursMustang site. Right now I have the change between mid May and mid July So the car in question falls between both dates

One additional thing to check, besides the markings on the mounting bracket would be the date stamped on non-plastic bottomed solenoids  

« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 07:22:25 PM by J_Speegle » Logged

Jeff Speegle
Enthusiast, Judge, Detail Collector, ConcoursMustang.com Mentor
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!