The Official SAAC Forum
September 21, 2017, 07:00:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 67 GT500 on eBay  (Read 1254 times)
capecodmustang.com

bret@capecodmustang.com
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2017, 11:09:40 AM »

I saw a 67 GT 350 a few years back....
It too was hit in the nose and there were no Ford VINs..

A little headache...

« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 11:20:42 AM by capecodmustang.com » Logged
richstang

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2017, 12:03:55 PM »

I've been writing back and forth with the seller.  He seems like a very nice fellow.  He is a bit concerned with the car not being picked apart here on the forum.  I can't image where he got that idea from???
He did tell me that although it is not being advertised as a concourse restoration, he does feel that he did do an above average restoration at minimum.  

Here are the caveats, the car does have a history of being in a head on accident, and being raced over the years.  As such, if I understand him correctly, he doesn't have the original inner fender sheet metal anymore nor the car's original Shelby plate.  Yeah, we all known that is a tough situation.  Still, I'm sure there is a market for this car, somewhere.   Undecided

Take that for what it is and if you are still interested, bid accordingly.  

I'm not sure why someone would think a car would be talked about any differently with or without knowing the SA VIN number. It could be picked apart either way. Typically we don't pick apart other SAAC members cars on the forum. It's an understood code. It's only when a car is put up for sale with a very high price, or put on one of the auction sites open to the world, that the forum members here start discussing them, good or bad.

The owner of this eBay auction car already told us about the history of a front end collision, drag racing, along with the info Brian has shared. As Bret said, the lack of inner fenders would likely explain the lack of a Marti Report. With all this, I would think sharing the VIN number might actually help to sell the car.

Bob Gaines

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2017, 12:08:21 PM »

I've been writing back and forth with the seller.  He seems like a very nice fellow.  He is a bit concerned with the car not being picked apart here on the forum.  I can't image where he got that idea from???
He did tell me that although it is not being advertised as a concourse restoration, he does feel that he did do an above average restoration at minimum.  

Here are the caveats, the car does have a history of being in a head on accident, and being raced over the years.  As such, if I understand him correctly, he doesn't have the original inner fender sheet metal anymore nor the car's original Shelby plate.  Yeah, we all known that is a tough situation.  Still, I'm sure there is a market for this car, somewhere.   Undecided

Take that for what it is and if you are still interested, bid accordingly.  
Curious of if he even knows what the Ford VIN is?sometimes the Ford vin is known even though the aprons are gone.

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Collector, Shelby Concours Judge
SAAC Member

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2017, 01:04:47 PM »

I can (and did) look past a lot of shortcomings. Missing inner fenders and original SAI tag are not something I would be okay with.

He's got a tough road ahead.

MyShelbyDream
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2017, 04:56:15 PM »

The seller sent me some pics:

https://imageshack.com/a/7fKl/1

Brian Glover
SAAC North Carolina's Representative

car 26-JD

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2017, 05:46:51 PM »

It certainly is an early car - another one saved from oblivion.

1967 GT350 - car #26
stangman39

Email
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2017, 06:17:23 AM »

Bob posed a good question if the Ford VIN is even known.
Did the seller answer this question in some of the exchanges some of you have had?
I'd think if the title chain has been kept over the years it should be known and a Marti report could be ordered.

67 GT350 #2647
richstang

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2017, 07:22:48 AM »

If the seller didn't offer the SA VIN number, I can't imagine he would even consider sharing the Ford VIN, if they knew it.

MyShelbyDream
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2017, 06:56:01 PM »

The seller asked me to post this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sFQZZ0Ljxbs&feature=youtu.be

Im guessing it must be no 786

Brian Glover

car 26-JD

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2017, 07:14:14 PM »

Car #786:
DSO 2549
SJ build date 1/24/67
SA completion Date 2/16/67
Shipped to Republic Ford Huston, TX
Sold 1st Owner 3/14/67 from Republic Ford Huston, TX

« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 07:16:47 PM by car 26-JD » Logged

1967 GT350 - car #26
68krrrr

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2017, 02:51:32 AM »

Looks like a nice restoration ,so is it a repop Shelby plate ? hard to tell but he should disclose that in the Ebay listing, he added some info about the engine not being # matching but hasn't addressed the missing fenders & why no Marti ,until he does that he's being a bit shady imho.

MyShelbyDream
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2017, 05:15:42 AM »

I don't think they are being 'shady'.  I received an email from the sellers wife which confirmed to me that they are not very experienced with the proper protocol for selling a car like this.  To avoid any misunderstandings, I suggested they come on this forum and answer any questions pertaining to the Shelby plate, Ford Vin, etc.  the registry has the seller (Wayne) as having owned it since 1970. 

Brian Glover

richstang

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2017, 07:21:40 AM »

I'm inclined to agree with Brian. The sellers seem to be sharing info, more photos, and the chassis video. The car may not be restored to SAAC concours standards, but it appears to be very clean for all the history already noted. (Hey, they left off the caution fan sticker, that's a positive.)

Grumpy

Email
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2017, 05:51:10 AM »

Damm I thought all Shelby's were rust and accident free  Head knock Interesting car. Goin to Ky tomorrow so maybe stop in Tn along the way.

vernonestes

Email
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2017, 06:05:43 AM »

I've gotta say that it's refreshing to hear about an owner like this who is very forthcoming about information of the nature we are talking about. Much better than what we usually see..

While the car isn't for me, or prob anyone who values high levels of originality, I'm betting there is someone out there who will be happy to have it at a discount to a car that is "all there".

Kudos to the owners on a clean and sharp restoration as well as a forthcoming way of selling the car.

Kind regards,
Vern

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!