The Official SAAC Forum
November 21, 2017, 08:28:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Acapulco blue...does anyone have the great match for this color?  (Read 691 times)
imming1965

WWW Email
« on: August 31, 2017, 07:35:37 AM »

I am close to needing to find a paint for #2440 i'm restoring. i need to find a better match to the original color, did not like Dupont's match, and wasn't real happy with PPg's either.. does anybody have a good paint code or formula they would be willing to share with me for this beauty i'm doing? you can private message me if it is a secret...hahaha... i could spend a bunch of time making it match but if someone has already done that and would like to share i would appreciate that greatly. thanks

car 26-JD

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 08:05:00 AM »

Just in case you don't have it here is Ford's number for it M32J 3077.  I realize that alone does not make a paint match especially in the new paint systems.

imming1965

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 12:09:28 PM »

thanks Jd that isn't the info i need ... does anyone who has had their shelby painted with this color have any info they can forward or maybe give me the info to contact the painter you had do it? thanks Jeremy

TLea
Evil twin

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 02:03:04 PM »

Jeremy, I think what JD is saying is what system are you using? Formulas don't transfer well between systems ie base/clear vs single stage. We have done AB in both and I believe matches are dead on

RIP OTIS  2015
imming1965

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 07:30:25 AM »

Jeremy, I think what JD is saying is what system are you using? Formulas don't transfer well between systems ie base/clear vs single stage. We have done AB in both and I believe matches are dead on
I can spray any system, The question I am asking is does someone have an actual paint formula from any brand or system that matches very well to original paint. I have sprayed out Duponts stock formula(base,  clear), I was not impressed. I have sprayed out PPGS stock formula an was also not impressed(base , clear).

i'm just hoping that maybe someone has already do this work and i can have the cheat sheet.... hahaha just hoping to save  a little time here. thanks if someone can help that is great if not, i will just have to put in time......

Rodney T
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 06:27:41 PM »

Sub issues: lighting, new EPA approved chemicals, primer color.

TLea
Evil twin

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 05:38:57 AM »

I can spray any system, The question I am asking is does someone have an actual paint formula from any brand or system that matches very well to original paint. I have sprayed out Duponts stock formula(base,  clear), I was not impressed. I have sprayed out PPGS stock formula an was also not impressed(base , clear).

i'm just hoping that maybe someone has already do this work and i can have the cheat sheet.... hahaha just hoping to save  a little time here. thanks if someone can help that is great if not, i will just have to put in time......

I don't think you are understanding me. In base clear the stock formulas match terrible in ppg and DuPont. Ppg concept single stage is nice. For base clear try sikkens or glasurit

RIP OTIS  2015
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!