The Official SAAC Forum
November 17, 2017, 01:53:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  

SAAC

SAAC Memberlodge

SAAC Stuff

SAAC Facebook

SAAC Facebook Group

SAAC on Twitter
2009 Annual
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts and prayers to Houston  (Read 1651 times)
CorvetteMike (formerly mikeljgt500kr)

In the High Mountains of New Mexico

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 12:09:55 PM »

Not long ago I had a guy trying to sell me a brand X rare tanker, he had the entire history of the car and pictures, including the fact it was submerged over the roof in a river flood, filled with sediment, and left for months to rot, but then was "restored" on a flood salvage title.  And yet, with all that documentation, he wanted the same huge price an un-hit, all original car in pristine condition would bring.  Some people just don't get it. HeadSpin

SFM6S087

Email
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2017, 02:10:25 AM »

Status update:

After I posted in this thread a few days ago I had a number of members email and call to make sure I was still okay. And one extremely generous Shelby friend (who I just recently met) who offered space in his home for me and ALL my family if we needed it. He was even willing to drive to Houston and pick us up  - along with any stuff we want to bring with us. You just canít beat the people you meet in the Shelby community!

It was a VERY close call, but Iím happy to say that the wife & I (and 6S087) are fine. THANK YOU ALL for your thoughts & prayers. Please continue them for those less fortunate. And please consider donating to one of the relief organizations.

Steve

CorvetteMike (formerly mikeljgt500kr)

In the High Mountains of New Mexico

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2017, 07:05:23 AM »

So glad to hear of the generosity of those fortunate enough to escape significant damage, and of your fortunate circumstances.  The stress of living in that situation is more than most people realize unless you have been there, and the recovery will be long and hard.  I remember after Frances and Allison my company organized teams of employees to assist neighborhoods in cleaning up, tearing out carpet, tossing waterlogged furniture and personal items, and hauling it all away.  That was a huge job, and since this storm was the worst ever, it will be monumental.  Hang in there, the aftermath requires much fortitude and patience, as services and routine things no longer exist as before.

So glad you were high enough to escape, we did too, for 40 years before we moved, but checking all our old houses where we used to live, this storm flooded them all where we had escaped before.  This was the worst ever.  Thoughts, prayers, and money will be sent to my brave compadres in Houston.

NC TRACKRAT

Email
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2017, 08:41:47 AM »

For those who have been so fortunate as to have never lived through such an ordeal, I can attest that it is far more stressful than you could possibly imagine.  Back in 1989, we were hit with a tornado and torrential rain.  It took a 90 ton crane to remove the tree off our house.  Weeks of tree removal from the yard and our spare lot next door.  Re-construction took months. Even with insurance, there was considerable expense not covered.  It took a couple of years to get our lives back to "normal".  Our sincere prayers and heartfelt sympathy goes out to those affected.

SFM6S1467
SFM5S071
gt350hr

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2017, 12:58:48 PM »

Status update:

After I posted in this thread a few days ago I had a number of members email and call to make sure I was still okay. And one extremely generous Shelby friend (who I just recently met) who offered space in his home for me and ALL my family if we needed it. He was even willing to drive to Houston and pick us up  - along with any stuff we want to bring with us. You just canít beat the people you meet in the Shelby community!

It was a VERY close call, but Iím happy to say that the wife & I (and 6S087) are fine. THANK YOU ALL for your thoughts & prayers. Please continue them for those less fortunate. And please consider donating to one of the relief organizations.

Steve

Good to know you made it through Steve!!!! I forgot you were down there too. Any news fro Bo? Can't remember where he is from down there. I still have customers I can't contact. I hope they are OK too.
   Randy

owner 6S477 HERTZ White w/Blue stripes-1of18-since 1974. OVER 3,500 drag strip runs made in it since then. My candidate for the "worlds Most drag raced Shelby" More added all the time.
rickmustang

Email
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2017, 03:17:56 PM »

7 inches of rain in Austin and 40 mph winds. Really no issues except start of gas shortages. Two HEBs around me are out of all grades. 50 cars at the Texaco around the corner, and they only have regular. Rick

Rodster-500

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2017, 06:21:33 PM »

Good to know you made it through Steve!!!! I forgot you were down there too. Any news fro Bo? Can't remember where he is from down there. I still have customers I can't contact. I hope they are OK too.
   Randy

The impact of the storm in the Houston area is mind boggling. I can't imagine how long the recovery will take.  Sad

McRee Ford, Dickinson

From their website:

McRee Ford is currently closed due to catastrophic flooding from Tropical Storm Harvey. The inventory dispayed here on our website and other sites on the web are no longer available for sale. In addition, our Rental Department no longer has inventory available.We will be contacting our Service Customers as soon as we can assess the situation and get up and running.

* McRee.jpg (45.91 KB, 577x1024 - viewed 84 times.)

There is a fine line between genius and insanity
SFM6S087

Email
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2017, 02:17:54 AM »

Randy
The name "Bo" sounds familiar, but I don't know him. Sorry.

Steve

gt350hr

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2017, 07:59:07 AM »

Steve,
      He's good . I started another post and he ( and others) responded. I'm looking for Emile Sevadgian( sp) now. I can't remember where he is located in TX.
     Randy

owner 6S477 HERTZ White w/Blue stripes-1of18-since 1974. OVER 3,500 drag strip runs made in it since then. My candidate for the "worlds Most drag raced Shelby" More added all the time.
69mach351w
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2017, 04:50:10 PM »

Thought and Prayers to all Texans affected by hurricane Harvey. I just gave my donation through my paypal for $25 to the Red Cross.
Our hearts hurt for you.
Rich

'69 Mach1 MCA Concours Conservator #105
Been in Family since Jan.'70
TOBKOB
SAAC Member

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2017, 06:00:57 PM »

I know it's a pretty far distance away (N.GA) but I have a guest house available to any flooded out member that may need free temporary housing. It is a 1 bedroom, 1 bath with all utilities furnished Smiley

TOB

69mach351w
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2017, 02:09:31 PM »

Status update:

Steve

Please donate to a contributing Charity like the Red Cross or the Salvation Army. I made a donation a few weeks ago to the Red Cross of $25 through my Paypal.  I challenge all here to make a donation and help these people in TX, FLA, Puerto Rico and ALL ravaged areas from the hurricanes and flooding.

It's NEVER too late to help our fellow man in dire need!!!

'69 Mach1 MCA Concours Conservator #105
Been in Family since Jan.'70
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!