The Official SAAC Forum
September 23, 2017, 05:40:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Poll
Question: Hi! Big block auto trans cooler lines is there  a bracket?
xxxx - 0 (0%)
xxx - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Auto trans cooler lines attachment  (Read 365 times)
zeemann215

« on: August 22, 2017, 11:07:15 AM »

Big block auto cooler lines, Do the cooler lines attach to the side of the block? I have a steel strap with rubber liner and mounting hole that came off one of my big block cars,Any pictuers would be help! Thanks all..

Bob Gaines

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 11:48:19 AM »

Big block auto cooler lines, Do the cooler lines attach to the side of the block? I have a steel strap with rubber liner and mounting hole that came off one of my big block cars,Any pictuers would be help! Thanks all..
No attachment to the block however there is a metal band shaped C clip that holds the two metal lines together as they pass along the side of the block.One at the back where the lines merge to run parallel back by the starter and the other at the front of the oil pan.The radiator fittings in the front and the transmission fittings on the back are what I have seen that otherwise hold them.  I would take a picture but I robbed the two clips off of my display engine to give to a friend that needed them for a car show.    

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Collector, Shelby Concours Judge
zeemann215

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 03:07:51 PM »

Thanks a lot Bob! I think this clamp i have came off a full size 66 Mercury Park Lane 410 .. Were can i get the C clips?

Bob Gaines

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 06:29:53 PM »

Thanks a lot Bob! I think this clamp i have came off a full size 66 Mercury Park Lane 410 .. Were can i get the C clips?
I think I have seen them in NPD catalog. Let us know where you find them because I may need the info if my friend cant find any to replace mine.

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Collector, Shelby Concours Judge
Coralsnake

www.thecoralsnake.com

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 06:56:06 PM »

https://www.npdlink.com/store/products/mustang_clip_line_retainer_fits_1_4_inch-105937-419.html

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Shelby Researcher, theCoralsnake.com Webmaster and the official Conelec Public Relations Officer.
Coralsnake

www.thecoralsnake.com

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 06:58:13 PM »

There are two different styles of lines being sold.  Make sure you get the right ones when replacing

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Shelby Researcher, theCoralsnake.com Webmaster and the official Conelec Public Relations Officer.
zeemann215

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 09:44:35 PM »

Thanks Good Info!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!