The Official SAAC Forum
November 18, 2017, 02:27:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Koni Shocks - Where Were They Installed  (Read 213 times)
SFM6S087

Email
« on: August 17, 2017, 11:57:02 AM »

A question came up in another topic about where the Koni shocks got installed (Shelby American or San Jose) at different time periods in the production of the 1965-66 GT350s. I thought that deserved further research so I did a little digging.

First, the disclaimer: DSOs, factory memos, and other paperwork are not the whole story in research of this type. Shelby American sometimes ordered things on paper that Ford either couldn’t or wouldn’t comply with. So just because there may be a DSO or a memo about having something done at Ford, doesn’t necessarily mean that it really happened.

Having said that, there is nothing in the DSOs to indicate that the Koni shocks were ever installed at San Jose. The DSOs fall into two groups. The early ones say to delete the shocks entirely. Later in the 1966 production year there are DSOs requesting Autolite shocks be installed at San Jose. There are no DSOs requesting the installation of Koni shocks at San Jose.

At this point, I’m not drawing any conclusions - just gathering evidence.

If you have any paperwork or evidence of any kind on this topic, please share it with the community by posting it here.

Thanks,
Steve

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!