The Official SAAC Forum
September 22, 2017, 07:08:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: serial number tag on dash  (Read 441 times)
shelby001

« on: July 16, 2017, 06:27:14 AM »

I was at our local cruise last night & followed a  White `68 G.T 500  in , I caught up to the owner & we talked about his car. He told me he had a Marti report & it said the car was held up for weeks because of quarter panel issues & other panel issues but what I did notice was the Serial number plaque was on the passenger side, I thought they were all on the drivers side ?

Bill.
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 03:19:01 AM »

I was at our local cruise last night & followed a  White `68 G.T 500  in , I caught up to the owner & we talked about his car. He told me he had a Marti report & it said the car was held up for weeks because of quarter panel issues & other panel issues but what I did notice was the Serial number plaque was on the passenger side, I thought they were all on the drivers side ?

68 dash VIN tag was located on the passenger side of the dash  Chug a Lug

A Marti report listing an issue with a quarter panel, now that is a first.

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
Items in black are the personal opinion of this users account
Items highlighted in Red are Moderator duty related and do not reflect the personal opinion of this users account.
Coralsnake

www.thecoralsnake.com

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 04:51:46 AM »

Mr Bill is correct. Serial number tags were on the passenger side in 1968. That also applies to over 300,000 Mustangs. In 1969, it was standardized to the driver's side.

Your new friend seems a little confused. The Marti report may list the scheduled build date and the actual build date, but no one can say for sure why there is a gap for a specific car.

I am not sure how you would come to the conclusion it was because of a quarter panel issue. That would not be listed on a Marti report

« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 07:04:56 AM by Coralsnake » Logged

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Shelby Researcher, theCoralsnake.com Webmaster and the official Conelec Public Relations Officer.
shelby001

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 11:59:38 AM »

YA I think I had a seniors moment lol.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!