The Official SAAC Forum
September 22, 2017, 07:11:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Cosmetic Restorations (aka Facelift)  (Read 2858 times)
SHELB66

Rent-a-Racer

Email
« on: July 15, 2017, 02:19:26 PM »

Hello!

I've been doing cosmetic restorations on Mustang/Falcon/Cougar radios for several years now.  I just do the cosmetics and NO ELECTRICAL.  I thought that maybe I could provide a radio "facelift" for some SAAC members in need.  The radios I work on include:  Mustang 1964.5 thru 1973, Cougar 1967 thru 1973, & Falcon/Ranchero 1964-1965.  Service includes opening up the radio and cleaning out the inside area, pushbutton lubrication along with cleaning/polishing of same, new dial light bulb installed, plastic dial lens polished, repainting of silver strip above pushbuttons (where applicable), repaint dial indicator if needed, chrome bezel cleaning/polishing (where applicable), cleaning/polishing of knobs, and a general overall sprucing up.  Keep in mind that I can't make pits go away, dial lens cracks disappear, or help with cigarette burned pushbuttons.  I do have a good supply of parts radios and can do some repairs for a nominal charge.  Such repairs might include tuning gear replacement, replacing missing wiring connectors & general wiring repair, dial lens replacement, etc.  I don't adjust the antenna trimmer as that is best done when the radio is connected to the owner's car antenna.  I can walk you through that process if needed.  My charge is $65 for this service.  This does not include any additional parts.  Please securely ship your radio to me and I will cover the return domestic shipping.  Shipping other than domestic will be an extra charge but will be discounted accordingly.  Please feel free to email or PM me through the forum with any further questions or interest in my service.  Thanks very much!
Here is a link to a recent forum discussion initiated by a forum member who used my services:

http://saacforum.com/index.php?topic=40576.0

Craig R.

6S1564 (Hertz)
06 Hertz Shelby
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
66 Mustang GT conv.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!