The Official SAAC Forum
July 24, 2017, 01:38:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1969 GT350 Stick Flywheel  (Read 126 times)
CSX4781

Email
« on: July 15, 2017, 06:12:21 AM »

Does anyone out there know for certain what the correct casting number is for a 69 351W 4V stick flywheel? None of my books list a casting number, save for one that gives a listing for a 351 in a 1969 Fairlane (and since those are heavier cars, they may have the heavier wheel where the face overhangs the ring gear on the clutch side, not sure that would be right for a Shelby/Mustang/Cougar application). What I do know for certain is it should take an 11" clutch.

My 69 GT350 project is missing the flywheel and bellhousing, and I have no point of reference to go by (i.e. I've never seen an untouched original 351-4V taken apart), and I'm just learning the 69 Shelbys now. The motor is a perfectly good 69 351-4V that ran fine when the car was taken apart, can put it back in as is if I find a correct original flywheel, as I won't have to get into a balance job. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!