The Official SAAC Forum
September 25, 2017, 12:57:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem issue with 69/70 Shelby eyebrow moulding on ebay.  (Read 495 times)
Bob Gaines

« on: July 12, 2017, 09:25:30 PM »

You better thing twice before bidding on these - http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-70-Shelby-Left-And-Right-Front-Fender-End-Caps-Eyebrow-Molding/201983848060  . They are painted with gray primer including the bottom rubbers . When questioned why, the seller said he was doing a clone car with all black out trim and decided to go another direction . When further questioned about the condition of chrome since one typically scuffs or sands metal before priming for paint (what he said he was going to do) there was no further reply. He mentions they sell at 375.00 each . If you bid on these plan on at the very least figuring in the price to re chrome. That is if there are not and dents or dings in them filled with bondo.  If any dings or dents plan on a lot more if they are even usable. I just thought I would bring this auction to the forum's attention before someone got over excited and bid with high expectations. Chug a Lug   

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Collector, Shelby Concours Judge
Bigfoot
SAAC Member

RIP KIWI

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 05:12:51 AM »

What do those normally sell for in nice used driver condition?
Unmolested.

**********RIP KIWI*********
Can YOU solve the Rubik's Cube?
Bob Gaines

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 09:56:47 AM »

What do those normally sell for in nice used driver condition?
Unmolested.
It all depends on if the repros are available because supply and demand and the repros are sometimes not available. I haven't sold any for a while and even longer since re chroming (costs have gone up) but when I did (couple years ago) and the repros were not available I got 1000.0 for a rechromed set. I am not sure how much to subtract for chroming and the trouble/handling to have that done. Others may have more current info.

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Collector, Shelby Concours Judge
Bigfoot
SAAC Member

RIP KIWI

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 04:36:15 PM »

Restoring cars is expensive

**********RIP KIWI*********
Can YOU solve the Rubik's Cube?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!