The Official SAAC Forum
September 24, 2017, 02:22:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: `68 G.T 500 Fuel pump I.D numbers  (Read 476 times)
shelby001

« on: July 12, 2017, 06:20:48 AM »

Looking for the proper I.D numbers on a 68 G.T 500  Fuel pump

Thanks

Coralsnake

www.thecoralsnake.com

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 07:04:59 AM »

It is a Carter hi-performance "X" pump, number 4441

Same pump as Cobra jet...

http://www.428cobrajet.org/id-fuel-pump

Carter still makes the pump, but the "x" is not present on the new version and the bottom bowl differs slightly.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 07:15:16 AM by Coralsnake » Logged

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Shelby Researcher, theCoralsnake.com Webmaster and the official Conelec Public Relations Officer.
shelby001

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 02:40:14 PM »

The pump on mine reads 1409 looks like a A  but not sure . It is a carter & has an X on it, any idea what it is maybe replacement part number?

Bob Gaines

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 06:21:24 PM »

The pump on mine reads 1409 looks like a A  but not sure . It is a carter & has an X on it, any idea what it is maybe replacement part number?
it sounds like a replacement . The lower inlet has a pressed in nipple on the assemblyline pump. Many replacements have a screw in nipple but some have a pressed in type. Regardless the flange number is the defining factor. The "X" is the most visible thing and although yours is a replacement it still pumps the same volume and is the next best thing to the 4441.

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Collector, Shelby Concours Judge
shelby001

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 06:31:51 AM »

it sounds like a replacement . The lower inlet has a pressed in nipple on the assemblyline pump. Many replacements have a screw in nipple but some have a pressed in type. Regardless the flange number is the defining factor. The "X" is the most visible thing and although yours is a replacement it still pumps the same volume and is the next best thing to the 4441.
Thanks Bob  will check the inlet nipple , if its pressed in would that mean it is an older replacement pump ?

Bob Gaines

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 09:19:06 AM »

Thanks Bob  will check the inlet nipple , if its pressed in would that mean it is an older replacement pump ?
No,if it has the pressed in nipple it just means it looks closer to assemblyline. The flange number is the final determination if it is a replacement or not . The "X" and pressed in nipple are the two things that are most visible and easy to distinguish as being assemblyline . The  flange number on the other hand is extremely difficult to read once installed if at all. If you have the "X" marking on the pump and the lower pressed in nipple regardless of correct flange number or not you are way ahead of most restored back to assemblyline cars.

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Collector, Shelby Concours Judge
shelby001

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 05:14:28 PM »

No,if it has the pressed in nipple it just means it looks closer to assemblyline. The flange number is the final determination if it is a replacement or not . The "X" and pressed in nipple are the two things that are most visible and easy to distinguish as being assemblyline . The  flange number on the other hand is extremely difficult to read once installed if at all. If you have the "X" marking on the pump and the lower pressed in nipple regardless of correct flange number or not you are way ahead of most restored back to assemblyline cars.

Okay so the inlet has  a pressed in nipple & the outlet has a fitting & yes it has an X on it.

Coralsnake

www.thecoralsnake.com

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 05:32:11 PM »

I thought the article I posted showed it clearly

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Shelby Researcher, theCoralsnake.com Webmaster and the official Conelec Public Relations Officer.
shelby001

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 06:18:41 AM »

I thought the article I posted showed it clearly

You certainly did I just folking missed your post Thanks for the info .

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!