News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Mint 1963 Shelby Cobra Roadster hood emblem Medallion eBay

Started by BGlover67, December 15, 2018, 08:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

Not mine.  Pretty sure this is not what the seller is claiming is it.  Repop?  Without the Oval Ford script and the TC in a triangle, I can't see it being worth more than $20.00.  It's definitely not worth $250.  But if I'm wrong, I have three I can sell immediately to anyone who is interested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mint-1963-Shelby-Cobra-Roadster-hood-emblem-Medallion/163364262380?hash=item260944d1ec:g:e4oAAOSwhnhb5dW4

Mint part, no box and no attaching barrel nut

Ford part #

C3RA-14225-A / 5508-A

$249.99. or Make Best Offer
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Dan Case

One of many versions of reproduction of the 427 Cobra type.
Dan Case
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.

BGlover67

Dan,  if I remember correctly you posted a great thread about how to recognize the different versions of these.  Unfortunately,  it was lost in the 'crash', correct?
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

Dan Case

Quote from: BGlover67 on December 16, 2018, 12:34:37 AM
Dan,  if I remember correctly you posted a great thread about how to recognize the different versions of these.  Unfortunately,  it was lost in the 'crash', correct?

You are correct. Short story the version created for Ford by one of their suppliers in time for 427 Cobra production was significantly different that the one based on Mr. Brock's drawings of 1963. The Ford version with C3RA engineering prefix has been simulated by quite a few different companies sine around 1971. I say 1971 as that is when I bought an "original" new from a dealer that turned out to be a crude copy. Some of the replicates over the years have been copies of copies.
Dan Case
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.

Greg

I as probably others would love to see what the real deal looks like.  Is it possible to post that again?

Thank you for your time in doing so.... Greg
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

BGlover67

Quote from: Greg on December 16, 2018, 09:53:26 AM
I as probably others would love to see what the real deal looks like.  Is it possible to post that again?

Thank you for your time in doing so.... Greg

I bought this from Vern a couple of years ago.  It was off an original Cobra.  It has one broken mounting stud, so they sourced another one during the restoration.  I figured it was the closest I'll probably ever get to owning an original Shelby Cobra.  Not the greatest pictures, but you should be able to see the markings.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

Dan Case

Created for Shelby American 'COBRA' S1CS mascot emblem used on all but earliest Cobras versus the C3RA emblem Ford Motor Company had made and Shelby American used on 427 Cobras.

There is no text on the reverse of the S1CS parts but there are on the Ford C3RA parts.

My picture and commentary file covering production mascot emblems for Cobras is way too long and complicated to put in a thread but if you are interested send me your e-mail address in a PM (private message) and I will send information to you.
Dan Case

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Dan Case on December 16, 2018, 09:50:53 AMShort story the version created for Ford by one of their suppliers
Supplier may have been Tom McIntyre's company. They did a lot of Ford emblems. https://www.hotrod.com/articles/ccrp-0612-this-guys-garage/
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Quote from: BGlover67 on December 16, 2018, 10:09:55 AM

I bought this from Vern a couple of years ago.  It was off an original Cobra.  It has one broken mounting stud, so they sourced another one during the restoration.  I figured it was the closest I'll probably ever get to owning an original Shelby Cobra.  Not the greatest pictures, but you should be able to see the markings.

I would build a Kirkham to slide underneath that emblem Brian.  😉