The Official SAAC Forum
September 25, 2017, 12:52:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 67 continuation ???  (Read 1070 times)
Bob Gaines

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2017, 09:32:29 AM »

Just curious ,

Is that your sentiment since selling (if sold)6S2385 continuation convertible or also while you owned it ?

Darryll
What did you wake up on the wrong side of the dingo? Hysterical

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Collector, Shelby Concours Judge
Bob Gaines

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2017, 09:55:35 AM »

Funny how some "come-lately" production could be worth more than most of the ones built "back in the day". no?

I DO wish to point this out:  the two holes in the upper cowl on the left, my car, #0036 has those holes also.  This is the fourth 67 Mustang I heard about with those holes there.  NOT a burglar alarm item....
Although you may be correct in your assumption I would not use (at least if it were my car) the car in the auction to in anyway try and authenticate anything on your vintage Shelby. Frustration The authenticity of anything on the auction car is questionable at the very least relative to a vintage Shelby.

6S2020

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2017, 12:30:14 PM »

Struth mate, it was a simple question,
i expect that type of answer from some sort of drongo.  Hysterical

SFM6S2020  1 of 29 Factory Black (no LeMans stripe) non Hertz cars. SAI company car.
Better to be a Racer for a minute than a spectator for a life time.
J_Speegle

www.ConcoursMustang.com

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2017, 03:05:18 PM »

I am curious. According to the data plate on the door the build date is 15J. So, September 15, 1966 or 1967. I assume 66 which would make it a very early car versus 67 which would make it very late?

Since it is a repo tag on on a (not surer of the right term)  car with a new VIN  it could be Sept 15 2007 that the builders choose to use when they made the car

Might have been something that the builders thought that might be cute.

Jeff Speegle
Enthusiast, Judge, Detail Collector, ConcoursMustang.com Mentor
06 GT

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2017, 04:04:30 PM »

I imagine the letter came at the time when CS was trying to hijack the registery. This may have been done to show CS his "new" cars would have a home. In the end CS started his own club and registery. I'm sure he found it a lot more profitable to sell some paperwork and a signature rather than actually building a car.

SFM6S087

Email
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2017, 03:34:18 AM »

So Ricks letter (dated 9/17/07) says, This letter is to verify that the production Legendary GT cars, recreations of Shelby Mustangs, will be contained in the next edition of the SAAC World Registry when it is printed.

The ad copy says, Included in the SAAC World Registry, indicating that this specific car is listed in the Registry.

Did those cars actually get printed in the SAAC Registry? Is this specific car listed? Or was that something that may have been planned, but never really happened? I didnt think SAAC kept records on cars like this.

Id look for myself, but my copy is buried in one of two rooms full of stuff at the moment, and would probably take all day to dig out. Im hoping someone else has quicker access to look this up.

Thanks,
Steve

Chris Thauberger
68 Gulf Tango Fiver

Email
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2017, 04:58:28 AM »

So Ricks letter (dated 9/17/07) says, This letter is to verify that the production Legendary GT cars, recreations of Shelby Mustangs, will be contained in the next edition of the SAAC World Registry when it is printed.

The ad copy says, Included in the SAAC World Registry, indicating that this specific car is listed in the Registry.

Did those cars actually get printed in the SAAC Registry? Is this specific car listed? Or was that something that may have been planned, but never really happened? I didnt think SAAC kept records on cars like this.

Id look for myself, but my copy is buried in one of two rooms full of stuff at the moment, and would probably take all day to dig out. Im hoping someone else has quicker access to look this up.

Thanks,
Steve

Already looked Steve, see reply 3 and reply 4.

Chris  Chug a Lug

1966 Mustang drop top 4 speed
1968 G.T. 500

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" 
Ldouble619
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2017, 05:14:17 AM »

The letter states they will be included in volume 2.  Has that been printed?  I only see volume 1, 4 edition from 2008 avaliable.

car 26-JD

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2017, 06:18:33 AM »

The letter states they will be included in volume 2.  Has that been printed?  I only see volume 1, 4 edition from 2008 available.

I think the 2008 registry is the most recent Cobra & GT40 book (no '67 Shelby Mustangs).

The most recent registry that would have '67 Shelby Mustang listings is the 2011 book with '65 through '67 Shelby's listed.

The only "continuation" cars I see listed in that registry are the 1966 convertibles.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 06:23:44 AM by car 26-JD » Logged

1967 GT350 - car #26
Bob Gaines

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2017, 06:58:15 AM »

Chris  Chug a Lug
And  reply 7 .

stickshift

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2017, 07:25:29 AM »

The ONLY reason to keep them in a SAAC Registry is to keep track of them and have an "official statement of policy" that they are "continuation cars" and not to be confused with originals.

That is actually being somewhat generous. Even more generous to a PRE LAWSUIT environment.

WHY would anyone purchase one for more or the same then an original? That makes no sense whatsoever to me?

There also is some continued confusion between the "Shelby Registry" and the SAAC Registry. I think this just adds confusion to the facts and I would point out is not unintentional on the part of the sellers of "continuation" cars.

If I remember my basic psychology correctly, this sounds like "transference"?

Our's Registry actually exists in print and the cars are real. Not figments of somelse's immagination in an alternative Universe.

Their Registry exists apparently in some sort of "information cloud" like the Acoshic Records? Not even in a Microsoft Cloud.

Maybe we need to purchase an app from "them" to access it however the reality is you can not purchase access to something that doesn't really exist.

Are we going to get into a discussion of what true existence is and isn't also?

Apparently this complete thought of alternative facts by Shelby was the seed that has generated the current "alternative fact" theories of some current political philosophers? Shelby always was ahead of his time and somewhat of an alchemist himself?

« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 07:30:56 AM by stickshift » Logged
MyShelbyDream
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2017, 07:29:20 AM »

Wow, did we go off into the weeds or what?

Brian Glover
SAAC North Carolina's Representative

SFM6S087

Email
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2017, 07:29:45 AM »

Chris  Chug a Lug

Thanks. I guess that will teach me to speed read a topic when I'm sleepy.

Steve

SFM6S087

Email
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2017, 07:30:22 AM »

And  reply 7 .

Thanks, Bob.

Steve

stickshift

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2017, 07:34:56 AM »

Wow, did we go off into the weeds or what?

I don't know? Are all the lawsuits on selling fictitious cars settled yet?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!