The Official SAAC Forum
November 23, 2017, 10:36:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1967 Ford SHELBY GT-350 MUSTANG Detroit Auto Show ORIGINAL 2x2" PHOTO NEGATIVES  (Read 4713 times)
SHELB66

Rent-a-Racer

Email
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2017, 12:13:34 PM »

Update: I found a camera shop in Chapel Hill that still makes prints from negatives.  They are open tomorrow so I'm planning a trip.  I have pulled out a magnifying glass and studied the negatives.  Obviously it's hard being in reverse, but 2 things jump out.  First, the exhaust chrome rings sure seem to be the flattened version and second the red light scoop lens sure does not seem to match what's on my car.  Much flatter in depth and it looks like it has an outer ring.  I could be wrong , but that's my impressions.

I've had vintage negatives/slides made into prints at out local camera shop.  Some orders can be done in-house while others are sent out for processing.  One thing to watch for is sometimes you will notice that some of the negative's content around the outer edges is lost and does not show up on the print.  Many times this makes no difference as the object/subject is usually in the approximate center anyway.  If you have something of interest that is close to the edge, make sure that you emphasize to the person writing up your request that you would like that area to show up on the print, if possible.  Just an FYI.

Craig R.

6S1564 (Hertz)
06 Hertz Shelby
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
66 Mustang GT conv.
SFM6S087

Email
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2017, 12:39:08 PM »

To state the obvious, the larger the print the better you can see the details. So you may want to get the largest prints you can afford - poster size if that's possible. Along with a set of 8x10's that can be easily scanned into computer file format.

Just a suggestion. You are a real champ for paying the price to get these and then sharing them with all of us. THANKS!

Steve

car 26-JD

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2017, 01:49:10 PM »

Hi-res digital scans will net the best detail available.

J_Speegle

www.ConcoursMustang.com

WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2017, 02:13:20 PM »

Hi-res digital scans will net the best detail available.

+1

Jeff Speegle
Enthusiast, Judge, Detail Collector, ConcoursMustang.com Mentor
Road Reptile

mustang_isme@live.com
Email
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2017, 01:40:34 PM »

Hi Brian,
Totally cool you scored these!!! You have now graduated to the Big league of 67 Owners !!!
Please put me on the list of pics. The center mounted front fender emblem is so different.
And a HUGE THANKS for the ride at the convention--I now call it 67 Overload. That was real fun.
R.R AKA Anthony

mike458

Email
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2017, 02:28:42 PM »

Hi Brian,

Please put me on the list for pictures also. If you can do 8 x 10s that would be perfect. Let me know what I would owe you.

Thanks,
Mike

richstang

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2017, 03:47:54 PM »

Hi Brian,

Please put me on the list for pictures also. If you can do 8 x 10s that would be perfect. Let me know what I would owe you.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,
I believe Brian was originally offering to email the hi-res scans (after JD received the negatives and scanned them).

Now that he has found a photo store to print them, we're all just waiting for the results.
I don't think he was planning to send copies of the actual photos.

MyShelbyDream
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2017, 03:26:20 AM »

I will have 8 x 10 prints made up, available to anyone who wants.  Cost will be whatever they are charging me.   Then I'm sending it to JD to get scanned.  Anyone who wants a copy can get one of those also.  I sure hope the quality of the pictures is great after all of this.  Please don't be disappointed if they turn out to be duds.

Brian Glover
SAAC North Carolina's Representative

J_Speegle

www.ConcoursMustang.com

WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2017, 11:18:30 AM »

I will have 8 x 10 prints made up, available to anyone who wants.  Cost will be whatever they are charging me.   Then I'm sending it to JD to get scanned.  Anyone who wants a copy can get one of those also.  I sure hope the quality of the pictures is great after all of this.  Please don't be disappointed if they turn out to be duds.
That is really generous of you -  Chug a Lug

« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 12:44:34 AM by J_Speegle » Logged

Jeff Speegle
Enthusiast, Judge, Detail Collector, ConcoursMustang.com Mentor
69mach351w
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2017, 01:52:37 PM »

Wow, super cool photos Chug a Lug

'69 Mach1 MCA Concours Conservator #105
Been in Family since Jan.'70
MyShelbyDream
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2017, 05:02:20 AM »

Hi guys,

Quick update:  I just got back from a much needed vacation in the Bahamas, but I have forgotten about this.  The negatives are at JD's and he is scanning them as I write this.  He sent me a quick sample, and they are really cool.  Hold tight just a bit longer, and we should have some pretty interesting details to discuss.

Brian

Brian Glover

SAAC Member

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2017, 07:59:12 AM »

Bahamas in July?

I thought you there in the winter!    Wink

KR Convertible
Paul Orr
SAAC Member

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2017, 09:34:11 AM »

Caribbean is great in July!  I just got back from Turks & Caicos Friday.  The weather was perfect, 82-85 degrees every day and only 2 rain showers for about 15 minutes each.  I didn't look at the weather here in PA last week, but this week is going to be hotter and more humid than Turks, 87-93 here this week.

Sorry, not trying to hi-jack the thread, but love me some vacay!!   Ale

1957 Thunderbird F code
1959 Cadillac 62 Series convertible
1966 Mustang GT convertible
1968 GT500 convertible #0181
2016 Ford "Exploder"
2016 F450 King Ranch
MyShelbyDream
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2017, 03:18:20 PM »

Michael,

My son broke his arm a week before that planned vacation, so this was the postponed version.  Well worth the wait.

Ok, so here are the pics.  Should be some fun stuff to talk about.  They are about half the quality available, so I will make high quality prints for whoever may want them.  JD is just looking into cost at this time.  I've uploaded them to my image shack site.  Does anyone have any idea why the red lens and bulb on both sides are missing???  Also, check out the tail pipe trim.  Fun stuff.

https://imageshack.com/a/bAOl/1

Brian Glover

Shelby_0022

Email
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2017, 05:42:19 PM »

Wow! Great pics, Brian!

It's so odd that they removed the scoop lights. I wonder if they has just found out that they weren't legal based on the timing.

Chug a Lug

1967 GT350 - 0022
1968 GT350 Convertible - 02778
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!