The Official SAAC Forum
September 25, 2017, 12:57:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1967 Ford SHELBY GT-350 MUSTANG Detroit Auto Show ORIGINAL 2x2" PHOTO NEGATIVES  (Read 4015 times)
Tom Honegger

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2017, 07:13:29 PM »

Anybody  wants the inverted version, PM or email: tomsue@wcoil.com and I'll send to you.

Black '67 GT350 #0073...a driver
car 26-JD

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2017, 08:14:41 PM »

Did anyone save a the inverted picture Tom made? It is all black box on us.
Here it is again, thanks Tom...

* DetroitCarShowNegsReversed.jpg (70.62 KB, 800x677 - viewed 111 times.)

1967 GT350 - car #26
SAAC Member

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2017, 06:52:43 AM »

Thanks guys.

Interesting how the pictures are stamped "This image is property of Chevrolet "

Just joking, it's Chevrobilia

Cool

MyShelbyDream
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2017, 02:54:49 PM »

So anyone who knows me probably could guess that I had won the eBay auction.  I'm just too much of an early '67 nut to let that go.  I received the negatives today and took them to my local photo developing center in CVS.  (I also tried  Walgreens, Target, etc).  When I asked if they could make a print from a negative, I got them same blank stare that I would have received if I had asked them to explain the Krebs Cycle to me.  Tongue

If anyone has a suggestion, I will gladly listen.   For now, I scanned the negatives in to my computer and inverted them. (my scanner isn't high quality)   Here are the pics. 

https://imageshack.com/a/Di5l/1

I'm sure they will be much more detailed when made into prints.  Interesting to note that they seemed to let folks sit in the car, and also that the gas cap is a standard Mustang GT.  I looked it up and the Detroit Auto Show ran from  Nov. 26-Dec. 4, 1966.

(JD has graciously offered to scan them into his computer, so I will be shipping them out to him tomorrow. Anyone who would like a copy of the pics, just drop me a line.)

Brian Glover
SAAC North Carolina's Representative

Coralsnake

www.thecoralsnake.com

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 04:32:38 PM »

I would think there are still real camera shops in your area that could assist

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Shelby Researcher, theCoralsnake.com Webmaster and the official Conelec Public Relations Officer.
richstang

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2017, 04:45:16 PM »

Way to go Brian!

Please, put me down on your list for the JD scanned copies. Thanks to both of you for sharing!

Nice to know it is definitely a GT350 and it does have the Standard GT Mustang Gas cap emblem. As Tom H. mentioned, it does look like there is a trim ring on the upper Scoop Lights. If that proves accurate that will be really interesting.

Looking through my photos I found this Mustang Mach I concept also taken in Detroit in Nov-Dec '66. Unfortunately we can't even see a hint of the GT350 with the heavy crowd. I believe it would be in the background to the right of that large passageway opening.

* 1967 Mach 1 66-11 1967 Detroit AutoShow b.jpg (72.85 KB, 800x544 - viewed 91 times.)
67411F--0100-ENG.

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2017, 05:44:13 PM »

Hello Everyone,

It may be my eyes, but I am going to disagree about the trim ring around the upper scoop light.  I just don't see it.  I think it is combination of camera angle and lighting that is deceiving some folks.  Anyone else agree with me?

Thanks,
Eric

MyShelbyDream
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2017, 06:15:07 PM »

I honestly can't tell Eric.  Hopefully CSI JD can tell us the truth.

Brian Glover

MyShelbyDream
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2017, 06:33:09 PM »

Also, just found this pic of the entire show floor.  What an amazing car show that must have been to attend?  Check this site out also:

http://www.motorcities.org/Story/Remembering+the+1967+Detroit+Auto+ShowbrBy+Robert+Tate+Automotive+Historian+and+ResearcherbrImages+courtesy+of+the+National+Automotive+History+Collection-490.html

Brian Glover

Shelby_0022

Email
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2017, 10:08:17 PM »

Way, WAY cool, Brian! Thanks for sharing.   Chug a Lug

1967 GT350 - 0022
1968 GT350 Convertible - 02778
car 26-JD

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2017, 10:22:48 PM »

Hello Everyone,
It may be my eyes, but I am going to disagree about the trim ring around the upper scoop light.  I just don't see it.  I think it is combination of camera angle and lighting that is deceiving some folks.  Anyone else agree with me?
Thanks,
Eric

I'm inclined to agree with Eric on the upper scoop light.

Fender emblem and dark color seems to match the other image(s) of Shelby in front of the hotel and in front of the brick wall car.

Also, there were some other cars that got through with the standard GT or Mustang emblem on the gas filler lid the two I'm aware of were both Medium Metallic Gray cars but I think (?) the dates of this show are too early for Gray cars.

1967 GT350 - car #26
J_Speegle

www.ConcoursMustang.com

WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2017, 01:14:34 AM »

So anyone who knows me probably could guess that I had won the eBay auction.  I'm just too much of an early '67 nut to let that go.  I received the negatives today and took them to my local photo developing center in CVS.  (I also tried  Walgreens, Target, etc).  When I asked if they could make a print from a negative, I got them same blank stare that I would have received if I had asked them to explain the Krebs Cycle to me.  Tongue

If anyone has a suggestion, I will gladly listen.   For now, I scanned the negatives in to my computer and inverted them. (my scanner isn't high quality)   Here are the pics. 

Not sure if they are still available but at least ten years ago I purchased a scanner that attached to my computer that would scan negatives and slides in high resolution.  Bought it for use at work so left it there when I pulled the plug.  Might be an old one or used one floating out on Ebay

Jeff Speegle
Enthusiast, Judge, Detail Collector, ConcoursMustang.com Mentor
richstang

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2017, 07:34:45 AM »

I'm inclined to agree with Eric on the upper scoop light.

Fender emblem and dark color seems to match the other image(s) of Shelby in front of the hotel and in front of the brick wall car.

Also, there were some other cars that got through with the standard GT or Mustang emblem on the gas filler lid the two I'm aware of were both Medium Metallic Gray cars but I think (?) the dates of this show are too early for Gray cars.

The first Metallic Gray cars were not completed until December 14, which was after the Detroit Auto Show finished.

Has anyone ever seen the off side emblem location on any other cars besides the White car in the magazine honker found, or the Dark car at the Hotel front entrance / brick wall car?

I'm on the fence over the scoop lights trim. There is a strong light reflection, but they don't appear to be large enough compared to the V-738-2 and #0176 prototypes.

MyShelbyDream
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2017, 10:22:21 AM »

Update: I found a camera shop in Chapel Hill that still makes prints from negatives.  They are open tomorrow so I'm planning a trip.  I have pulled out a magnifying glass and studied the negatives.  Obviously it's hard being in reverse, but 2 things jump out.  First, the exhaust chrome rings sure seem to be the flattened version and second the red light scoop lens sure does not seem to match what's on my car.  Much flatter in depth and it looks like it has an outer ring.  I could be wrong , but that's my impressions.

Brian Glover

honker

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2017, 11:59:01 AM »

I found this pic of the Ford stand, at the same site linked by MyShelbyDream, in post # 23 above. I believe this is the '66 Detroit show ? pretty cool display  Chug a Lug

Mike (honker)

* detroit66showresize.jpg (99.91 KB, 800x634 - viewed 97 times.)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 12:00:41 PM by honker » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!