The Official SAAC Forum
November 23, 2017, 10:30:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SC branch meeting yesterday.  (Read 2221 times)
6S1568
SAAC Member

Email
« on: June 04, 2017, 02:43:09 PM »

The South Carolina branch of the Carolina’s Chapter of SAAC met yesterday in West Columbia, SC. at the Shoney’s restaurant.
Highlights are:
Bill  strapped himself in his 69 GT-500 (The Great Pumpkin) and came down from Greenville to join us. As soon as he arrived, Bill went straight to the gas station next to the restaurant to fill her up. Later we discovered why he made record time traveling down I-26. The big block averaged just a hair under 10 MPG.  His excuse for using 14 gallons on the one way trip was that he was running the air conditioning all the way. Others traveling South on I-26 simply report seeing a something that was bright orange in color, zoom by them in the left lane, at a speed that left them unable it identify it.
John Durai showed up in his late model Boss 302. John recently had knee surgery and we’re happy to report that he is recovering nicely. His orthopedic surgeon told him to keep exercising his knee in order to strengthen the joint. For therapy, John enjoys pushing down on his accelerator pedal, hard. John claims that this type of therapy will also bring a smile to your face. John is trailering his 67 GT-350 up to SAAC 42 in Indianapolis next week so we wish him safe travels. See you there John.
Danny Burnstein whipped into the parking lot behind the wheel of CSX4427. You can’t miss his burgundy Cobra because you’ll hear it long before it arrives. Love those side pipes! Just as we finished our meeting a rain shower rolled in and away Danny went with the top down. I’m sure he outran the rain drops.
Dave Monteau and his wife Becky came to join us, but they had to leave CSX4878  at home this time. Dave is in the process of making improvements to his electrical system. Dave had many volunteers step forward to offer to test drive it for him when he’s finished.
Randy and Jan Stewart were able to join us again for lunch as they were on their way to their cabin in the mountains above Ashville. Randy and Bill hit it right off as Randy also has a GT-500 that he’s restoring. Randy had lots of questions regarding the GT-500’s and Bill was happy to help him. Randy informs us that according to the Marti report on his Shelby, the paint color is very rare. We can’t wait to see it when he’s finished.
I was there in 6S1568 and my wife Debbie in her 2017 GT.
The lucky winner of the Club’s door prize was Dave Monteau. You got to be there to WIN. Thanks to all. Denny

* 008.jpg (65.79 KB, 640x480 - viewed 76 times.)

* 010.jpg (59.44 KB, 640x480 - viewed 81 times.)

* 012.jpg (61.02 KB, 640x480 - viewed 81 times.)

* 015.jpg (49.53 KB, 640x480 - viewed 104 times.)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 04:51:44 PM by Bill. » Logged
Bill.
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 03:18:50 PM »

For the record, the AC was not on, as for the rest, let's just say there was a reason why I made it there early, and leave it at that  Grin

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
Items in black are the personal opinion of this users account
Items highlighted in Red are Moderator duty related and do not reflect the personal opinion of this users account.
jguyer

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 03:48:49 PM »

For the record, the AC was not on, as for the rest, let's just say there was a reason why I made it there early, and leave it at that  Grin

You left early? Wink

MyShelbyDream

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 04:32:12 PM »

Nice Denny, see you at SAAC 42!

Brian Glover
SAAC North Carolina's Representative

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!