The Official SAAC Forum
June 28, 2017, 12:23:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 67 350 replica finally on the road  (Read 1249 times)
Pmustang

Email
« on: May 28, 2017, 09:19:58 AM »

Hello Folks

Bought this car about 18 months ago from a forum member

I was overjoyed to get the car and after an inspection there were a few things I wanted to do.

First up was a complete rewire. This was not something the seller would have noticed unless they removed the dash so not putting any blame there. As I mentioned. I adore the car

So a new engine harness, headlight harness and main dash harness along with a Shelby tailight conversion harness were acquired. I took the opportunity to go with tach dash wiring and new fog lamp harnesses as well as acquiring a proper tach dash to replace the Eleanor item fitted. Also was able to get a 1968 AM/FM radio and proper fog lamp wiring and switch

Rather swiftly I installed the main dash and headlight harnesses but then my business went stratospheric so customer cars became the priority.

In the meantime I had Phil Severance redo my soeedo and tach as 140/8k from the 120/6k they were

So I recently decided I needed to get the car on the road so hired a wiring guy to do the fans and stereo install. The modern Stereo hangs under the dash and the front kick panels have speakers. Rear fold down trap door was already cut for speakers so we added the amp on the back of that trap door panel to keep cutting and modifying of the cars structure to a minimum

The car starts on the key and drives sublime

Few cars I've had are as close to perfect driving wise as this one and after a few adjustments to suit my driving position and personal preference it will be an equal to my 66 GT350 in terms of driving pleasure

I've had three personal cars with a T5 and this one is set up the best of them

The engine is a powerhouse. As far as I know it's a 289/302 but feels like a 351.

Very happy and almost 100% done.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 11:53:46 AM by Pmustang » Logged
ITHERTZ

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 09:51:38 AM »

Glad you are now finally getting around to driving it.  This certainly is a special car.  It was as nice of a car as I have seen around here and there are a lot of turds.  Enjoy my friend!
Couldn't see any photos in your link. 
Troy

« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 09:54:18 AM by ITHERTZ » Logged

MyShelbyDream
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 11:41:31 AM »

Nots sure if it's my Mac, but I don't see anything. Sad

Pmustang

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 11:48:32 AM »

This should work

https://imgur.com/gallery/7A2Yw

Today I have been filing square holes to fit my lower interior door panel grill bosses. Car had them fitted but only screwed into the door shells. Time consuming but will be nice to have them fixed properly

Does anyone have a size for the speaker holes as mine are not cut evenly and I want to make them correct as per a stereo equipped car.

06 GT

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 12:16:59 PM »

Looks great. If I ever have a GT350/500 again it will be a 65-67 replica. There have been too many advances to drive train and suspension in the past 50 years to settle for a buckboard with only 300hp and I could never justify making permanent (welding/drilling) changes to an original car.

SAAC Member

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 01:00:19 PM »

Nice!

Did it always ha A/C or did you add that?

Pmustang

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 01:51:30 PM »

The car came with a five speed, AC and deluxe
interior, 69 seats, disks, console, custom auto crap stereo 

I retrofitted the Tach dash, correct wiring and removed the console and added a factory 68
AM/FM to a standard radio bezel

MyShelbyDream
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 03:08:46 PM »

Wow!  So beautiful, enjoy!

mark p

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2017, 08:10:58 PM »

Super! Glad you are enjoying it  Smiley Chug a Lug

'66 Tiger / '65 Thunderbird
Pmustang

Email
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2017, 10:53:31 PM »

Thanks guys. Although I do think local petrol stations are loving the car more :-)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!