The Official SAAC Forum
December 15, 2017, 10:12:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chuck Cantwell GT 350 book  (Read 8076 times)
06 GT

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 11:13:31 AM »

Took my Lane diecast 5R001 to sell along with the SCG issue that introduced the GT350. The grandson was enjoying helping out at the autograph table so much that they are now in his collection with suitable autgraphs adorning each. He'll get the book when I'm finished with it. This was his 3rd convention - first without his mother so he also got some track time. Only problem he quickly threw me under the bus when he facetimed his mom - "I got to ride in the front seat on the track we went really fast".

* unnamed.jpg (63.66 KB, 785x589 - viewed 135 times.)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 12:57:15 AM by 06 GT » Logged
Don Johnston

Email
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 11:49:46 AM »

Grandson was a great volunteer helping at the table. 

I cannot wait to spend time with Chuck's book.  Chuck and I sat and talked at IND departure while waiting for our flights. He grew up and went to school not far from the speedway.  He had not been back to visit for some time.

GT350Lad
SAAC Member

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2017, 06:22:00 AM »

Awesome well done, has the book been released for sale online yet?
 Chug a Lug

6S273
SFM6S087

Email
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2017, 10:59:25 AM »

You can order it through the link that was in the first post on this topic. I copied it below for convenience.

http://www.bullpublishing.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=2190

Steve

GT350Lad
SAAC Member

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2017, 12:33:44 PM »

Thanks Steve, just ordered one  Chug a Lug

6S273
kingchief

Email
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2017, 05:04:12 AM »

Hi all!  Just received my book yesterday...Publisher's Edition.  WOW, what a swell book.  A MUST have to all who own a 350.  Wonderful reading and nice pictures.

Cheers,

Steve

SFM6S406
Rodney T
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2017, 06:50:03 AM »

My daughter gave me the book as a late father's day gift.  Interesting read.  I wish I knew at the convention that Chuck grew up just outside the Brickyard in Speedway.  Could have asked some interesting quetions about the neighborhood during the mid-day seminar.

SFM6S087

Email
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2017, 08:50:25 AM »

Hi all!  Just received my book yesterday...Publisher's Edition.  WOW, what a swell book.  A MUST have to all who own a 350.  Wonderful reading and nice pictures.

Cheers,

Steve

That's great to hear. I ordered my copy as soon as I learned about it in this thread on the forum. Hopefully it will arrive soon.

Steve

car 26-JD

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2017, 09:26:46 PM »

Cheers,

Steve

Mine arrived today - very impressive and looking forward to being in it this weekend !

Glad this book happened

A1965GT350

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2017, 08:30:56 AM »

I just received my birthday gift this weekend and can only say, Thanks Lisa! When you get old (believe me, I know first-hand,  Wink), birthdays now are pretty much low calorie salads and a pack of white socks  (one size fits …none ;-). . But this is years BDay is a lot more enjoyable and memorable thanks to Chuck Cantwell and Greg Kolasa, herculean efforts in writing and publishing a new book on the GT350 years. I am sure that most of us have one or have heard of the book. I wanted to make a few personal remarks to them about their creation. If I miss state any facts, its probably because I have not finished reading the book because I am still looking (with a magnifying glass) all the cool photographs.

Reading this first-hand account of the GT350’s real history with all its events, facts and decisions, puts it all in a perspective that really make me appreciate even more the amount of mental and physical sacrifices and effort that when into the creation and production of this truly iconic automobile. If there is any truth in the saying that there is no gain without pain or that the higher the risk the greater the potential reward, then Chuck and the entire Shelby American team put it on the line every day to the amazement and  appreciated of all those watching the GT350 become “An American sports car legend”. And of course, it has given past, current and hopefully future owners , unending and lasting memories. Memories that will be relived over and over at every family and friends gathered. For myself, I get excited even more today than I did back in the day (1965), whenever I see a Shelby American product. 

There are only a select few automobiles that had  and continue to have an impact to the past, current and future car enthusiast market. The GT350 is one of those rare cars that can lay claim to this fact some 52 (I can’t believe its been that long  Shocked) years later as it continues its production into 2017. I wonder what the entire Shelby American race and production team would have said if you told them in December 1964 that whatever assembly and manufacturing techniques they are using, would be studied, analyzed, debated and duplicated in 2017.         

One of the best things to read was that most , if not all, of the early planning and production decisions were made after careful research, testing, evaluation and coordination with suppliers, with everything that formed the new GT350. Some of the current “stories” or written narratives of this car almost implies that the car was a result of a hand building process that took on an attitude of “whatever happens – happens”. I am glad to read that there was ongoing monitoring and control of all the parts/supplies/ man hours being used per car.  This type of attention to detail  shows me that this GT350 team was developing the car and overcoming manufacturing challenges, while keeping a big  picture view of creating a larger automobile company for the future . 

I am looking forward to finding even more great insights in to the GT350 story, now if I could only put away the magnifying glass 

MyShelbyDream
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2017, 04:35:48 PM »

Just unpacked my Publisher's edition, wow is all I can say.  To Greg K, thanks for writing this.  Way too cool.

Brian

Brian Glover
SAAC North Carolina's Representative

6s1802

Email
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2017, 05:42:39 PM »

For hardcore early G.T.350 guys Chuck is the man

jk66gt350

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2017, 08:13:45 PM »

Just got the publishers edition that my son & daughter got me for father's day.  Looks awesome and I can't wait to read through it.

GT350Lad
SAAC Member

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2017, 01:54:42 AM »

Just got my book today. I agree it looks great; the pics alone on first skim look awesome  Chug a Lug

6S273
AndrewB

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2017, 10:14:50 AM »

My publisher edition (#121) got delivered yesterday.  It looks fantastic and I can't wait to dig more into it this weekend. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!