The Official SAAC Forum
December 14, 2017, 12:00:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GEORGE WATTERS COLLECTION  (Read 191572 times)
SFM66H

The Sales Office at LAX in 1966

Email
« Reply #885 on: October 04, 2017, 11:54:01 PM »

Kieth,

You never fail to entertain us with George stories and pics.  Thank you so much for sharing.  How cool is it that we know what Shelby made the Elenanor sound in the original movie?

Brian, it's the coolest thing ever!

George adds this:

"Kieth, I remembered one more thing I forgot to mention regarding my visit to Cinema Vehicles. Every Eleanor that I saw that day including the ones in my pictures and the two I drove were all AUTOMATICS.  The only 4 speed I saw was the “Beauty“ car, which again, was used for the interior shots during the movie filming."                                                                                                                                          

George

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 08:53:27 AM by SFM66H » Logged

1966 GT 350H owner since June 30, 1976
SFM66H

Email
« Reply #886 on: November 07, 2017, 08:52:37 AM »

Here's the other genuine Shelby that George came across at Cinema Vehicles in 1999 when he was searching for a car to use for the sound track of "Gone in 60 Seconds."

His words:

"As we have discussed in our previous posts, I told the story of my first trip to Cinema Vehicles where I found 1967 GT 500 #3196, and that car became the sound of Eleanor. I think I had mentioned that there was a warehouse on the property and that it housed, in addition to 3196, a large variety of expensive vehicles that were rented out to movie companies. Basically the ones that were too nice to be kept outside. If I remember correctly there might have been maybe 30 or 40 cars inside. There was another 67’ GT 500 parked off to the side in a corner and below are the only 2 pictures I took of it. We were very lucky that 3196 was a 4 speed and when I finally saw this white GT 500 I was excited that it might also be a 4 speed and we might have 2 cars to choose from. But when I looked inside and saw that it was a automatic I knew that it was now out of the question. 

I did write the serial number down, but unfortunately it has been lost in time. A few months later before the movie came out I was told something very interesting……….this car was made into an Eleanor, used for promotion and then given to the Producer of the film. At the time it would have been very easy for me to confirm all of this because I knew where the car was kept, but at that period I really did not give it a second thought.  Now 17 years later with all of the interest in the Eleanor’s, I wish I had gone and looked at it so I could confirm this. Based on what I was told at the time I do believe that this is probably true."

This one looks like a really nice car. Love the wheel covers!

car 26-JD

« Reply #887 on: November 07, 2017, 09:07:09 AM »

If that White GT500 got made into an Eleanor - that's a crime!

richstang

« Reply #888 on: November 07, 2017, 09:29:44 AM »

Looks like there were 103 white GT500's with automatics.....of those, it appears about 15 may have had hubcaps from the factory....
None of these 15 cars were reported as owned by Cinema Vehicles in the current registry, most of these 15 were not in CA area.

SFM6S087

Email
« Reply #889 on: November 07, 2017, 12:50:34 PM »

Thank you to Kieth and George for some great stories and pictures. I always smile when I see a new post in this topic because I know I’m going to enjoy checking it out.

Steve

BryanW

« Reply #890 on: November 08, 2017, 07:37:04 AM »

Thank you to Kieth and George for some great stories and pictures. I always smile when I see a new post in this topic because I know I’m going to enjoy checking it out.

Steve

+1  Cool one

acman63
SAAC Concours Chairman

Email
« Reply #891 on: November 08, 2017, 09:17:35 AM »

Steve

Steve:  Thanks to you for getting Kieth going on all this computer stuff.  Youve created a monster

SFM66H

Email
« Reply #892 on: November 08, 2017, 10:11:32 AM »

There are times in my computer past when things came to a screeching halt  Frustration because of technical problems. If it weren't for Steve's knowledge, patience, and willingness to spend a lot of time helping and guiding me, all of my threads and photos on this Forum would have ceased long ago, and that would have been a loss for all of us.

So Thanks to Steve  Chug a Lug for all of the Shelby American Inc. history that we all have been able to share because of his help!

Kieth

Szabo

Email
« Reply #893 on: November 19, 2017, 04:18:09 PM »

Hello,

i want to thank you to, because you bringing me to build my 1/64 LAX Sales Office and
probally one Hangar Front Side - even in this Scale the Hangars are hugh.

With Mr. Watters awesome Photos of LAX in the backround of all the Shelby´s and GT40´s
i have a good postion to make research and meassure the original size.

Please let me know when you have more photos of Cars with LAX in backround, even
the normally "bad" Pics for showing can have good Infos.

Are there generell more Photos for Mr. Watters or you showed them all in this Thread Huh?

Looking forward to see real historic photos from Shelbys!

Best Regards from Germany

Stephan (Steve)

The Man from Germany - always looking for historic corret infos an pics about Shelbys
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!