The Official SAAC Forum
October 16, 2017, 09:06:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WASAAC Meeting Tues. 5/23  (Read 1636 times)
Wedgeman

« on: May 22, 2017, 07:00:17 AM »

WASAAC Monthly Meeting  Tuesday, May23, 7pm at Round Table Pizza, in  Redmond..This meeting will be The Gary Campbell Tribute Meeting...so bring your stories as we celebrate Gary's life..... Chug a Lug

Wedgeman

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 07:40:48 AM »

TONIGHT.... Chug a Lug

papa scoops

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 04:43:26 PM »

Sorry I can't make it, still stuck in this 1/2 way house for a couple more weeks...1st met Gary in the late 70's, he was just getting into Shelbys,68, and looked at my car, not 4 sale, but he bought a 350 convert from someone in Indiana, had his mom look at it, bought it, sent it to a shop back there and had them "restore it" after they were way behind schedule, he shipped it out here. what a mess. it had so much rust that most all of the inner and outer panels had been replaced, the fenders wouldn't fit because all the inner front sheetmetal had been welded an inch to far forward. don't remember what happened to that car, yes a dynacorn body would have been the way to go.    After that he started judging and I'd be in the middle of dinner, phone would ring, was Gary wanting me to go out and look under my car to see what color it should be and how far back the body color went, or other questions like that. Later we'd discuss carb spacers or shocks or build dates, whatever. we argued over shock colors, he didn't know I still had my originals. We all admired his choise of shoes (joke). he was a good egg that we will all miss. to the "white haired guy". scoops

« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 04:47:57 PM by papa scoops » Logged

phred 6s1122 68#3168
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!