The Official SAAC Forum
May 26, 2017, 07:46:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nice Mustang Monthly Magazine Article on 1967 GT 500 CV - Brian Styles  (Read 489 times)
stephen_becker

Email
« on: May 18, 2017, 07:50:21 AM »

Very cool to see one of our own make the cover of MM - Glad the car made it back from the brink - CS and I had the opportunity to buy this car when it was for sale thru VOLO in IL by the 3rd owner in the late 1990's/early 2000's - He and I flew out to IL to view car but the then-owner was getting divorced and really was trying to sabotage any potential deal so he could keep the car and/or short the (ex) wife - We walked away.......

http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/1703-the-rarest-shelby-mustang-of-them-all/

6S2020

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 08:34:35 PM »

Great Article, thanks for sharing  Chug a Lug

SFM6S2020  1 of 29 Factory Black (no LeMans stripe) non Hertz cars. SAI company car.
MyShelbyDream
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 10:17:42 AM »

Very cool to see one of our own make the cover of MM - Glad the car made it back from the brink - CS and I had the opportunity to buy this car when it was for sale thru VOLO in IL by the 3rd owner in the late 1990's/early 2000's - He and I flew out to IL to view car but the then-owner was getting divorced and really was trying to sabotage any potential deal so he could keep the car and/or short the (ex) wife - We walked away.......

http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/1703-the-rarest-shelby-mustang-of-them-all/

I know this is a pretty controversial subject here on the forum these days, but what was CS's (and your) opinion on  whether or not 139 was ever driven around in '67 livery?  Even if it wasn't, it obviously still has an amazing history and significance as the '68 prototype, but that is the crux of the matter.

Brian Glover
SAAC Carolinas' Representative

Current Caretaker of No. 83, a 1967 Shelby GT350
stephen_becker

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 11:23:01 AM »

I know this is a pretty controversial subject here on the forum these days, but what was CS's (and your) opinion on  whether or not 139 was ever driven around in '67 livery?  Even if it wasn't, it obviously still has an amazing history and significance as the '68 prototype, but that is the crux of the matter.

I will find and pull and post my notes and paperwork from our visit

SGB

Illinicane

'65 GT350, '68 GT500

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 12:32:16 PM »

I will find and pull and post my notes and paperwork from our visit

SGB

Popcorn

Proud owner of two Shelby's.
Proud member of SAAC.
Proud contributor of Windy City SAAC Region
TLea
Evil twin

Email
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 12:56:48 PM »

Great to see the car restored professionally

RIP OTIS  2015
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!