The Official SAAC Forum
November 21, 2017, 08:51:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did anyone here in NC Know Ray Burrows?  (Read 665 times)
MyShelbyDream

Email
« on: May 13, 2017, 06:13:27 AM »

I was informed by my friend Ted (KR-3562) that there was a feature on our local television network WRAL about Ray Burrows.  Ray, who lived in Raeford, NC, recently passed away following a long battle with throat cancer.  Knowing that his days were coming to an end, he hired a local photographer to take pictures of him with his daughters in their wedding gowns and prom dresses knowing that he wouldn't most probably be there on these upcoming events.  He also took some pictures sitting in his prize possession, in what appears to be a 1967 GT500.  Did anyone know this man?  To be honest, I'm not even sure if this Shelby is real or a clone.  Any help would be appreciated.

* RBurrows.jpg (56.28 KB, 800x338 - viewed 130 times.)

Brian Glover
SAAC North Carolina's Representative

DaveZ

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 08:26:30 AM »

Brian
There is a watermark on the photo try contacting the photographer
www.southernfriedphotography.com
Dz

MyShelbyDream

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 02:15:23 PM »

Thanks Dave, I know but I was trying to find out if anyone in the Shelby community had heard of him.  I mostly wanted to give a heads up in case someone here did know him.  So far it's coming up a big nothing.

Brian Glover
SAAC North Carolina's Representative

KR-3562
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 03:39:56 PM »

This is a touching story. Ray and his wife came to realize he would not survive the throat cancer he had been battling.  He would not live to see his children graduate from high school, walk his daughters down the aisle, or hand over the keys when they got their drivers license. Southern Fried Photography offered their services free of charge to do a pot shoot depicting those important events before he passed. Least important in all of this is a beautiful red 67 GT500. Even though Ray did not live that far away, neither he nor the GT500 were our radar.

http://www.wral.com/memory-of-raeford-man-will-live-on-in-cherished-family-photos/16696637/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!